Chapter Fourteen

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT :D

Chapter Fourteen:

Gracie POV

"Ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with?" They ended their recording. I looked over to my dad who had his thinking face on. I was holding my breath.

"So," i pressed on after the silence was getting to be too much for me.

"It wasn't the greatest..." Shit... "But i see potential in them."

"And....?"

He ruffled my hair. "And i like them. So, i'm going to sign them."

I literally jumped on him and huged him. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

He laughed. "You're welcome." He reached over and pushed the speaker button. "Now boys, since i'm signing you, you have to work extra hard."

"We will," Robbie said. "I promise."

"Alright then, let's get to work."

"I think we have something here," dad said after a few hours of writing and recording. He went over the pile of papers he had out in front of him, going through one after another. Robbie and his band went out for some lunch so it was just me and dad writing some songs and getting some ideas for their sound.

"I really like this one," I said as i pulled the sheet out from his hands and showed him.

"Yeah, i was thinking about this one. Maybe have this be their single first to see how things go." I nodded my head. "Well alright. When they come back, we can run the ideas by them."

"Sure thing."

Soon, the boys came back in the room with bags of food. They quieted down once they saw our faces. My dad is serious about his work and since he knows how everything goes in a band, he knows they want to have fun but it's not all about that once we're recording.

"What's up," Matt asked, breaking the silence.

"We have some songs started for you guys," I said, fiddling with the end of my jumper. I don't know why i was so nervous but i really was.

"Robbie writes our songs," Tom says while laying down on the couch.

"I know...but we want to test you out first, see what the crowd will listen to." I tried to defend myself but it wasn't going too well.

"All we're saying is that we want to test out a few of our songs since we listened to yours. We keep them on file so they will be on your album if the fanbase likes you. If not, then it's back to playing in clubs and birthday parties." Sure, that kind of sounded harsh and all but my dad did have a point. It's not like he's new to this.

"Let's just try it out guys," Robbie defended. He got his band to agree and i kind of felt myself relax.

"Okay, James, you go in the booth first since you're lead vocals."

"Sure thing," he muttered. I know he didn't really like us interfering with his music but not all the famous people write their own songs. They have some help here and there and that's all we're trying to do.

"All the concrete words around here

I'm the bad seed, I think i swallowed it whole

You're the compromise that never falls through

Never left behind on the break down..."