Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

"What did you want to talk to me about," Robbie asked as we were sitting on a bench in the familiar park by the water. I don't know why we were sitting out here being that it was freezing and there was snow on the ground. I fiddled with my gloves as i didn't look at him. How was i supposed to explain this?

"I..um..."

"You know you can talk to me..."

I looked up at him finally, getting lost in the way he was looking at me. "I...I know." I paused for a little bit. "Robbie, what are we?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what's going on between us? I saw a magazine with you and some girl on the cover. You met her over in Aussie. She looks really beautiful..." He didn't say anything, he only sighed. "So i ask again, what are we?"

"Shouldn't i be asking you the same question? The paps have been following you too."

"No they-"

He nodded. "Yes, they have. There was one on that train and one following you around when you were walking somewhere with some guy."

"So then that told you you wanted me back?" I was slightly upset at the fact that the paps were following me but also because him wanting me now was making more sense. He thinks he wants me.

"Of course that had nothing to do with it!"

"The why? Why now?"

"That girl means nothing, Gracie. Not a thing! It was a harmless thing."

"She may not think that way."

"Gracie, listen to me. I want to be with you. I made a huge mistake letting you slip out of my hands I can't let you walk away again."

I turned to face him. "What happens when you go back to touring and i go back to school? What happens then?"

He thought for a moment. He didn't know the answer to it. "We have to at least try. I mean, look at your uncle. He married your aunt and she was in school when he was on tour."

"They lived in the same country. That's different." My voice was getting softer as i came to the conclusion that this wasn't going to work.

"Please," he begged me as he made me look at him. "Please at least try..."

"I...I'm scared."

He nodded his head as his hand caressed my face. "I know you are. I am too. But we have to try..." My eyes were filling with tears. I didn't want to lose him either but i had no clue how this would work. I nodded my head as his other hand went to the other side of my face and pulled me to his lips. The kiss sent sparks and chills down my spine and i just knew that this feeling wasn't going to go away.  I was hooked and he was my drug.

As we pulled back, my breathing became shortened and my eyes lost focus before they closed all the way and i lost consiousness.

Robbie POV

I don't know what happened then. I kissed her and it felt perfect; it felt like old times but then she slipped out of my grasp. She fell to my chest, her eyes closed and her breathing stopped.

"Gracie?" I shook her. "Gracie, come on. This isn't funny." She didn't move, she didn't even open her eyes. "Gracie!" I picked her up, my arm behind her knees and my other arm around her kneck as her her rolled back and she looked dead. She looked pale now that i really looked at her. This can't be happening.