Chapter 35

Hermione found herself extremely busy during the first week of school. It was taking her time to get used to her study schedule, but she was actually enjoying it.

She sat at the desk between her and Ginny's beds. She had her essay out for Herbology, but it lay forgotten beside her as she thumbed through the photo album Mr and Mrs Weasley had given her.

She stopped at the picture of her and Ron at the wedding. He looked so handsome in his dress robes, a crooked smile plastered on his face as they danced in the picture.

Her heart ached. She missed his warmth; his eyes, his smile, his jokes, his everything.

She remembered the exact moment when his eyes went cold. That second had burned itself into her memory, and she found that it had a habit of randomly popping up in her mind when she least expected it.

Hermione hadn't gone down to the Great Hall since the first day of school, when she had left in a panic attack. Neville always escorted Ginny down there, and they brought up food for her.

She suddenly realised it was 1:00 am, and she couldn't sleep. She just needed to be close to his memory.

She snuck down the stairs, and out the portrait hole, into the dark castle. As quietly as she could, she walked into the Great Hall.

Something always brings me back to you. It never takes too long.

She stood there, her back against the door, staring. She slowly made her way past some of the spots that younger students had called 'rust spots' and made her way to Ron's.

The dark red spots on the floor weren't actually rust. The spots were where people had taken their last breaths, their blood seeping into the stone, forever being part of the castle.

No matter what I say or do, I still feel you're here, until the moment I'm gone.

Ron's spot was as large as her body.

You hold me without touch. You keep me without chains.

She kneeled on top of the spot, sobbing, and pressed her face to the cold stone.

I never wanted anything so much, than to drown in your love, and not feel your rain.

This was the last part of Ron she would ever to get to touch.

Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.

She allowed her convulsions to take over, as she gripped the floor beneath her, pulling her knees to her chest.

I live here on my knees, as I try to make you see, that you're everything I think I need here on the ground. But you're neither friend nor for, though I can't seem to let you go.

She found herself turning onto her back, trying to catch her breath through her sobs.

The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down.

She stared at the beautiful night of the enchanted ceiling, tears clinging to her eyelashes.

Something always brings me back to you.

Warm amber eyes flashed in front of her. She smiled.

It never takes too long.

Slowly, her sobs calmed as she thought about the amber eyes she loved.

She stood up suddenly, wiping her tears away, and made a run for the owlery. She didn't care it was the middle of the night and past curfew; she needed him to know.

She wrote a small note on a small, crumpled parchament.

You are my person. I only need you. It said.

"Give this to Fred," she told Pigwidgeon, tying the letter to his leg. 

She watched the owl fly off, and sighed, finding a new strength for the day.

A/N: Uh, yeah, not proud of this chapter, but I hope you like it. I'm editing this book too, now. On a side note, do you think that maybe, just maybe, this book is good enough for me to enter it in the wattys? I love you all, x.

~Annie.