Chapter 30

A/N: Time skip to the Battle of Hogwarts, I'm so sorry but I'm too lazy to write the details of the events in between, lol.

Hermione hardly listened to what Neville was saying in the Roon of Requirment with dozens of other students.  There was only one thing in her mind; how they were inviting danger to themselves. They were walking in a school patrolled and controlled by Death Eaters. They were pratically walking into their death.

"Hermione?" 

Hermione started as Harry waved his hand in front of her face.

"Hm?"

"What do you think? Should we let them help us?"

"Harry... we need as much as help as we can get. They don't necessarily need to know what we're trying to do, but they can help." 

"Okay." 

The room started cheering,  and the secret passage opened again.

"Oh, hi, Hermione. I didn't know I'd be seeing you so soon." Luna said dreamily as she walked into the room with Dean. Cho followed, and so did Harry's original Quidditch team. 

Hermione was surprised to see everyone walking in the Roo  of Requirment.  But she was the most shocked when she saw a head full of flaming red hair climb into the room. 

"FRED!"

She screamed, and ran straight into him. He was caught off guard, but stood his ground and wrapped his arms around her as she kissed him.

"Well, this is quite a welcome," Fred laughed jokingly. 

"Shut up." She mumbled into his shirt. She inhaled his smell of cologne and gunpowder. How she had missed him. 

"Hey, What about me!?" A known voice demanded. Hermione laughed and turned around to fiercely hug George who spinned her around and around.

"How did your holidays go?" Hermione grinned, jokingly.

"We spent it fighting about who you were related to first and foremost out of all of us. Even Perry joined the group eventually."

"Are you all crazy!?"

"Kinda."

Hermione laughed, and before getting a chance to do anything else, was attacked by a head full of red hair. 

"Ginny?" She gasped. She had not expected to see her there.

"The one and only! Oh, Hermione I missed you so much! We didn't even get to dance on the wedding! And, thus lot drived me crazy at home. Oh, that reminds me,  tell them you're my best friend before anything else!" Ginny rambled on and on. 

Hermione turned around to the twins.

"I'm her best friend before anything else," she informed them, linking arms with Ginny.

"Hey!" The twins chimed together. 

"Hermione," It was Ron. "Come quick, I have a plan!"

"Uh, sorry, but we didn't see her for such a long time, she's with us right now, Ronniekins." George intervened, but Hermione saw the urgency in Ron's eyes, and said,

"Guys, I'll be right back,"

She walked with Ron to a secluded corner of the room, and her mouth fell open as she looked at what he was showing him.

"Ron, what, how?" She said, in shock.

"I remember what Harry said while trying to open the Chamber of secrets, so I went and got some Basilisk Fangs. To destroy the Horcrux."

Hermione stared at him in shock.

"Ron-that's-OH, Merlin, wow!"

"Always the tone of surprise." He said jokingly before turning serious. He picked up a fang and the cup and handed them to her.

"Stab it."

"What-? No, Ron, why me -?"

"Because you haven't had the honours yet." He smirked.

Hermione took the fang and horcrux in her trembling hands.

This was so not going to be fun, but it had to be done.