What am I supposed to do?

********

The next morning I wake up and get ready. I have no idea what I am going to say to Ash but I guess I can manage. Lina is already up and is watching tv in the living room. I eat some fruit and head towards the door.

"Lee?" my hand halts on the door knob and I turn around.

"Yeah?" I see Lina coming out the living room.

"Percy headed out a while ago and he told me to inform you that you are not supposed to go to the tracks tonight. They are having something private so only a few people are allowed. That also means you can stay up late in school, have some fun with your friends you know." She winks at the last part.

"Really?" I awk adjusting my bag strap.

"Yeah.... you have something in mind?" She asks raising her eyebrows.

"Actually.. Ash asked me if we could finish the project at his house and so I......" I shrug my shoulders and wait for her answer.

"You should, defenetily," she says with a smile.

I smile at her permission but there is this thing nagging thought in the back of my mind,"But what if Percy or someone else finds out-"

She cuts me off, "Don't worry about that, he will be at the private thing tonight. And even if he comes home before you do, I'll take care of it. I promise. Go enjoy yourself."

I exhale a relieved breath and smile,"Thanks Lina."

"You don't have to thank me and yes I want details." Shee teases.

I roll my eyes and turn around to open the door. I go outside and her laughter fades in the back. I walk faster than usual beacuse I really am excited to tell Ash that I can come to his house. I finally reach school and walk to my locker, doging some people in between.

My eyes fall on Ash, who is leaning against my locker. He is looking at his phone, with the tip of his tongue out at the corner of his lips. He is wearing a plane white t-shirt with black jeans.

He looks so damn... wait hold on Lee.

I shake my head to clear up my thoughts and make my way to him,"Hey, good morning."

He looks up and his face lits up with a breathtaking grin,"Good morning. How was your walk to school?"

He moves out of my way and I open my locker,"As usual, but I saw a boy dribbling a basketball in front of his house and he instantly reminded me of you."

He frowns and says,"Oh...is he more attractive than me?"

With my eyes wide I quickly exclaime,"Ash, he was probably eleven or twelve and I don't want to think about him like that."

"Oh.... um I thought he was a guy our age. Well you did not specify," he says accusingly.

I laugh at his face and say,"By the way, Lina said I could go to your house today for the project."

"Really? That's great, I'll meet you right here after school and then we'll go from there." He smiles.

We both walk to the class and go through it till the bell rings. We go to our separate classes after that and my excitement soon turns to nervousness as school is slowly coming to an end.

********

The bell rings, finally ending school. I get up from the seat and shove my books in my bag. I am out of the class in a minute. I fast walk towards my locker, trying to get there as fast as possible. I don't know why but I am way too excited to spend time with Ash. Is it weird to feel that way? Well, I don't care right now beacuse I just want to enjoy my freedom.