{ carnivals ~ adrienette }

Marinette woke up to her phone ringing, startling her and her little kwami.

"Who could be calling so early in the morning?" Marinette groans rolling out of bed.

"It's not quite 'early in the morning anymore' Marinette." Tikki giggles and hands Marinette her phone, "It's already noon!"

Marinette sighs and answers her phone, "Hey girl! you doing anything today?" Alya asks with her usual cheerful tone.

"Nope, I just got out of bed." the bluenette giggles, walking towards her dresser to fix her hair.

"That's great! You can come with us to the carnival then! It just came to town!" Alya replied excitedly.

"I don't know Alya," she thought. Marinette had planned a day of relaxation since the past few days have been hectic with the occasional akuma fights and numerous projects. "I was thinking of just chilling at home today."

"Come on girl! You have to come!" Alya pauses, Marinette just knew she was smirking from the other end, "Besides, Adrien's coming with us!"

"A-Adrien's coming?!" she questioned nearly falling from her vanity chair, "No way, he has a photo shoot scheduled for today!" Marinette replied and pulled down Adrien's schedule, although she didn't really need to look at it since she had memorized his schedule by heart. 

"We thought so as well but turns out the photographer canceled last minute since he got sick!" Alya, I formed her friend.

"That's great! What time should I come?" Marinette asked quickly changing her mind about not going.

"What happened to 'I was thinking of just chilling at home today'?" Alya mocked her, laughing.

"That was before I found out Adrien was coming," Marinette replied, swooning over the blond-haired boy.

Alya couldn't help but giggle, "3 pm," she replied, "We're staying until 6 pm or later to see the mini fireworks display!" 

"That's great! I'll meet you there!" Mari stood up from her seat excitedly and looked at Tikki who gave her a reassuring smile.

"Don't be late okay?" Alya laughed, Marinette was known for being late.

"I'll try." Marinette joked before ending their call.

"Tikki! Can you believe it? I'm going to the carnival with Adrien!" She yelled waving her arms in the air.

"That's great Marinette! Maybe you could finally tell him how you feel!" The little kwami happily said, excited for her owner.

"Wait." Marinette pauses, "I'm going to the carnival. With Adrien." she pauses again. Tikki sighs knowing what's going to happen next. 

"I'm going to the carnival with Adrien! Tikki this is going to be a disaster! A disaster!" she yelled, running up to her bed and burying her face in her pillow, "I'm gonna embarrass myself so badly that I'm going to have to move to a different state and start a new life! Living amongst the rats and flies!"   

"Marinette, you're overthinking again." Tikki sighs and lands on the pillow Marinette was using, " You'll do fine! Just be yourself!" her kwami reassures her, "And try not to stutter too much."

---

It was 2:30 and Marinette decided to walk to the carnival a bit early to avoid being late. She arrived at exactly 3:02 and saw Adrien sitting alone on a nearby bench.

"There's Adrien! Go say hi!" Tikki whispered from her purse and Marinette nodded, walking towards Adrien.

She took a deep breath and with all her gathered courage he said, "H-hey Adrien!"