31. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧

Start from the beginning

read

as promised, ophelia and daniel met each other in the middle, the middle being the kitchen.

daniel was there first, waiting for his girlfriend to arrive. he leaned against the counters with a genuine smile on his face, just simply thinking about ophelia.

ophelia walked into the kitchen with her phone and sketch book in hand, and a small, tired smile also on her face.

daniel lifted his head at the sound of ophelia's small feet walking into the kitchen. he opened his arms, ready to embrace the girl into a tight, meaningful hug.

needing the gesture, ophelia picked up her pace. she quickly walked into a hug, wrapping her arms around daniel's torso while he wrapped this around her shoulders.

"hi my love." daniel softly whispered.

"hi." ophelia whispered in return, a soft smile making it's way onto her lips.

daniel pulled away slightly, just enough so he could see ophelia's face but still be in physical contact with her. he placed his soft, warm hands on either side of ophelia's face, lifting her head so she could look up at him.

"you know you're my favorite person, right?" daniel asked, raising an eyebrow.

"uh huh." ophelia hummed, leaning into the warm touch of daniel's hands.

"and you know i love you with everything in me, right?" daniel questioned.

"mhm." ophelia hummed again. before ophelia could comprehend what was going on, daniel placed his lips on hers.

and in that moment, it was like, everything in ophelia's mind hand dissapeared into thin air. all of her worries, fears, thoughts, and troubles vanished as if they were never there in the first place. the only thing ophelia had in her mind was daniel.

the only thing the couple felt in the world was them, as if everything else had melted out of existence. even if it was just for a little while.

daniel slowly pulled away, a closed smile on his lips as he did so.

ophelia sighed in content, "i will never get used to that."

daniel softly chuckled, opening his eyes to look into ophelia's. "me either love."

ophelia smiled in return, getting out of daniel's warm grip. she put her phone and sketchbook on the kitchen counter, before jumping to sit on top of it, crossing her legs.

"what snacks shall we get?" ophelia excitedly asked, kicking her legs back and forth like a child.

daniel laughed at ophelia's actions. he walked towards the refrigerator, opening it then standing to the side do ophelia could look inside as well.

"uh, can you grab the bowl of watermelon?" ophelia asked, pointing at the item she requested.

"but i can't have watermelon." daniel whined while he took out the bowl of the juicy fruit.

"just because you're allergic and any doesn't mean i can't." the girl shrugged, holding her hands out. daniel rolled her eyes, pouting, and handed ophelia the fruit. she carefully and quietly placed the glass bowl on the counter. "now, what else should we get?"

"um," daniel hummed, closing the refrigerator and opening the pantry. "cheeto's puffs?"

"yes." ophelia nodded. daniel placed the bag down at his feet.

"oh! we have to bring cheeze-its!" daniel excitedly cheered.

ophelia shook her head, laughing at her boyfriend. "of course we do!"

"and pop-tarts and gatorade." daniel continued, walking back out of the pantry with his arms full of the food he had previously mentioned. he had a wide, warm, and child-like smile on his face.

ophelia giggled, "are you ready?"

"yeah!" daniel laughed. "don't forget to grab a fork for your watermelon." daniel reminded, not knowing ophelia had already done so.

"way ahead of you babe." ophelia replied, hopping off the counter and holding up her fork.

daniel's eyes widened as his expression morphed into confusion. "when did you get that?"

"while you were in the pantry." ophelia nodded.

"how were you discreet?" daniel gapped.

"i guess everyone was right when you all called me a tiny sniper in hawaii last year." ophelia shrugged, stacking her sketchbook, phone, and fork on top of the watermelon container before picking up the whole thing with both arms.

"can you blame us? literally everyone was having a nerf gun fight and you went all trained assassin on all of us." daniel exclaimed. "like ophelia, you were literally the one to take us all out."

"ok first off, you all weren't very good at being quiet. second, me being small and graceful when it matters comes in handy in those types of situations. and three, i was promised a bag of reese's, lollipops, and swedish fish if i won." ophelia shrugged during her last few words.

"you aren't ever gonna let that win go are you?" daniel asked, a soft chuckle slipping past his lips.

"definitely not." ophelia beamed.

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

is it a bad thing that i would much rather be in the world in my head rather than the real one? cause that world has less issues-

lol n e ways, here's a soft dophelia chapter for ya :)

i love you and i care <3