11. 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

°MARCH 22, 2020
los angeles, calif.°

daniel walked outside closing the door behind him. as soon as the door was closed, he could hear the quiet sobs coming from ophelia.

daniel's heart ached at the sound of her cries. he almost ran to ophelia, kneeling in front of her. she had her head in her hands, her breathing was unsteady, and she was shaking. daniel's face held concern for the girl sitting in front of him who, although heard him run towards him, didn't acknowledge his presence.

daniel placed his hands on both the girl's thighs getting her attention. "bubs?" ophelia simply hummed in response. "bubs will you look at me please?" daniel asked softly.

ophelia sniffed before slowly lowering her hands from her face. daniel's heart broke all over again at her state. her once joyful eyes were now sad, and bloodshot red. her nose was red, as well as her cheeks. tears continued to stream down her face like a waterfall.

"awe, bubs." daniel cooed, cupping her wet cheek with his right hand. ophelia immediately leaned into his touch, simply the feeling of his skin against her's relaxing her a bit. "what did he say?" daniel calmly asked.

ophelia sniffed as daniel wiped her tears with the pad of his thumb. "i'm pretty sure you guys could hear what i was saying." she whispered, referring to the fact that she was yelling.

daniel chuckled, "yeah, but what did he say?"

"he, uh, at first he told me that he and mom talked this morning and he said that they wanted me to come home." ophelia started.

"but you were on the phone with chrissy this morning for hours." daniel said.

"i know, that's what i said!" ophelia whined loudly, her voice cracking.

"shh, talk quietly love, you're losing your voice." daniel said, beginning caress the girl's cheek once more. ophelia's heart fluttered at the nickname he gave her, it bringing a small smile onto her lips. daniel took notice of this, mentally noting that ophelia liked that nickname.

"so, i told him about mom being more than ok with me being here 'cause she trusts you guys with my life. and he said that i might be right, but as my father he is telling me to leave your house and come home. and as you know, i went off."

daniel's eyes held sympathy as he examined the sad face of the girl in front of him. she looked extremely tired, but that question could wait.

"what did he say after that?"

"he told me that i didn't know what i was talking about." ophelia quietly exclaimed. " those were the last words he said to me before i went off again and hung up."

"i sorry bubs." daniel apologized, looking down.

"why are you apologizing?" ophelia asked, taking daniel's face in her hands, forcing him to look at her.

"i saw who called and i shouldn't have let you answer." daniel sighed.

"bubba, it's ok. you shouldn't be apologizing."

"can i ask you a question?" daniel asked. he changed their positions so he was sitting on the chair, and ophelia was straddling his lap. ophelia hummed in response, looking into daniel's eyes. "how long have you slept in the past week?"

ophelia sighed, wrapping her arms around daniel's neck and putting her face in his neck. "at most 24 hours."

"red, that's not nearly enough." daniel softly scolded, rubbing ophelia's back.

"i know, i know." ophelia whispered, her voice getting more and more distant.

daniel felt as ophelia's breath evened out against his neck, and she relaxed more than she already was against his body. she had fallen asleep.

"lyin' isn't better than silence'. floating but i feel like i'm dying." daniel softly sang. as the smooth, angelic words came out of his mouth he slowly rocked back and forth.

"still, no matter where i go, at the end of every road, you were good to me. you were good to me, yeah. i know it's easier to run, after everything i've done, you were good to me. you were good to me."

daniel moved his head to kiss the sleeping girl's temple, making a small smile form on ophelia's lips.

"you were good to me. you were good to me." daniel let out a sigh. "leavin' isn't better than tryin'. growin', but i'm just growin' tired. now i'm worried for my soul. and i'm still scared of growing old. you were good to me. you were good to me, yeah."

"and i'm so used to letting go, but i don't want to be alone. you were good to me. you were good to me, yeah, oh."

"god only knows where our fears go. hearts i've broke, now my tears flow. you'll see, that i'm sorry, cause you were good to me. you were good to me. and now i'm closin' every door,
cause i'm sick of wantin' more. you were good to me. you were good to me, yeah. swear i'm different than before, i won't hurt you anymore. cause you were good to me."

once daniel finished, he opened his eyes and the only thing that could be heard was the soft, barely audible snores coming from ophelia. daniel smiled to himself and looked up at the sky.

"if only she could fall asleep on me every night." daniel sighed.

he slowly stood up, careful not to wake up ophelia and walked back towards the house with his hands underneath her thighs.

keri noticed daniel walking back to the house with ophelia, and opened the door for the two. "is she ok?" keri asked.

"yeah, we just gotta keep it down cause she's asleep. she said she's only gotten 24 hours of sleep in the past week." daniel whispered.

"wait for real?" anna asked.

"yeah, she looked really tired."

"what did rick say to her?" jeff asked.

"he claimed that he and chrissy wanted her home, which we all know isn't true. after she went off on him the first time, he told her she didn't know what she was talking about and she went off again."

"do you think she meant what she said? you know, about the whole biological father thing?" christian asked.

"yeah, i do."

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

part of me wanted to make them kiss in this so bad and then another part of me was like,

"no stupid, stick to the fucking plan." *spoken in an aggressive russian accent*