15. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

°MARCH 30, 2020
los angeles, calif.°

"ophelia jane birkins! what the hell did you do?!" rick yelled. the young girl felt tears build up in her eyes, simply by the sound of her fathers booming voice. she didn't move, she couldn't. the girl was frozen with fear. "answer me when i'm talking to you, you little bitch!" rick yelled once more. ophelia flinched at the sound of rick's fist hitting the table he sat at.

with no other choice, the 7-year-old slowly turned around to face her father. yet her eyes stayed on the mess she had made. "i'm sorry i didn't-" she couldn't finish her apology before she began to cry, the tears flowing like a waterfall, with no end in sight. "i'm sorry i didn't mean to." ophelia chocked out.

rick hit his fist against the table once more, standing up this time. ophelia flinched and took a step back as rick stumbled towards her.

"you're a little shit. you made a fucking mess, and your not even gonna fucking clean it up! you wanna call this a mistake?! you spilling this apple juice is a mistake?! well guess what you red haired, leprechaun freak! you're a mistake! you weren't supposed to be born and i wish you died in the womb!" rick slammed his beer bottle into the ground, stomping away and out of the kitchen, leaving the house completely.

though, ophelia stood there. a few pieces of the glass bottle in her foot, standing in a puddle of spilled apple juice. her tears continued to flow and snot came from her nose. the abnormally small girl's face was a tomato red, while she shook where she stood.

she was having an anxiety attack. she bent her knees, crouching to the floor, and laid where the floor wasn't wet or covered in glass. ignoring the blood coming from her feet, ophelia curled into a little ball, trying to calm herself down from her anxiety attack.

the sound of the front door opening and closing filled ophelia's ears. yet she couldn't move. if anything, her breathing got heavier than what it was before.

"ophelia! you're mom wanted us to come check on you!" jeff's voice yelled. ophelia tried to respond but she couldn't. her body wouldn't allow her to. the best she could do was let out a whimper, which was barely audible.

"anna, christian and-" keri started but didn't finish.

"uh, mom, dad?" daniel's voice exclaimed. he sounded closer to ophelia than jeff and keri did. the footsteps of the seavey family were heard coming towards ophelia's direction. gasps were heard upon seeing the small girl.