9. 𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

°MARCH 21, 2020
los angeles, calif.°

the time was 6 o'clock in the seavey household. anna, daniel, and ophelia were in living room. christian and tyler were upstairs, while keri and jeff were kitchen having a conversation about to have for dinner.

anna was sitting on a chair by herself. she had a blanket on her lap, her airpods in listening to music, while she was texting zach.

daniel and ophelia were on the couch together, cuddling. he was sitting normally, while she was sitting sideways. her legs over his thighs, her head on his hard chest. he had one of his arms around her, running his hand through her ginger hair. his other hand was holding his phone where he was texting the other why don't we boys.

a gigantic blanket covered the both of them. ophelia had her sketchbook in her lap, drawing a sunflower field. each of the two had one airpod in, both listening to "butterfly & giraffe" from daniel's phone.

the two were content in this position. those butterflies were there, as was a faint hint of blush on ophelia's cheeks. they both liked being in this position. it felt natural for the two, it felt right. daniel would admit to anyone that he loved having ophelia in his arms.

he loved the way she made him feel. she made him feel at ease. like he didn't have to pretend to be something he's not simply for the pleasure of others. that he could be who he was without the judgement of others. because he knew she would never, in her life, judge him. she never has, and she never will.

he loved her personality. he loved her sarcasm. he loved the way she wasn't afraid to cuss in front of anybody. not fans, not adults, not even the elderly. she always had this spark in her eyes when she was doing something she loved.

for example, when she's working on an art project, she always has a small smile on her face. when she listened to music she loved, there was a smile. when she does anything gymnastics related, she had a sense of love in her eyes. when she sang, even though she claims to sound like a dying cow, she sound of her angelic voice, the light in her eyes, the smile on her face, it could make anybody's worries or problems wash away in almost an instant.

he loved her eyes. her eyes turn different colors that are associated with her natural blue corresponding to her feelings. when she's angry or upset, her eyes turn an icy blue. when she's extremely happy or excited, her eyes become almost grey. daniel noticed all these things.

he loved that just her presence can make him feel so delighted. he loved the way she made him feel like he was on top of the world. he loved the way she could make him smile just by looking at him.

he loves her figure. he loves how he can easily pick her up, and she can't do anything about it. he loves the way her hand is so small compared to his. he loves to play with her fingers, and the way her hand fits perfectly in his makes him gush.

daniel you dumb fucking twatwaffle. daniel mentally scolded himself. you've been in love with the girl on you lap yet you ignored it for fucking years! dammit they were all right! fucking shitballs!

daniel shook his head, looking down at the girl in his lap. ophelia moved her sketchbook and pencil before snuggling more into daniel. she dug her face into his neck, and curled into a little ball in his lap. daniel's heart started to beat a mile a second, and he prayed ophelia couldn't feel it.

"you tired red?" he whispered, still combing his fingers through ophelia's hair, slowly putting the girl to sleep.

"maybe." she whispered. she closed her eyes as a small smile appeared on her face.

"did you pull an all nighter last night again?"

"maybe."

"ophelia." daniel whispered, playfully scolding the girl.

"i was painting ok." ophelia whined like a child.

"get some sleep ok?" daniel chuckled. ophelia just nodded in response. daniel felt how her breathing soon became even. her body relaxed against his, and the thought of her doing this as more than best friends made him smile.

i love you.

°~(🦋⚡🌻)~°

mwah 💞