Two

"What's your plan Ate Au?" Tanong sa akin ni Euphy na ikinaayos ko ng tayo mula sa pagmamasid sa street namin.

The guards lives inside the big mansion of my lolo and lola and our on-call maids because my father and his siblings wanted more privacy for their own families. But they roam the streets of our compound, taking turns just so no one can trespass our area even if te whole place is already bombarded with CCTV's too.

Napasapo na lang ako sa noo dahil hindi ko alam ang gagawin para maka-alis.

It's the middle of the night, my parents are in an out of town business meeting and they'll be home tomorrow. Augustus and Austin are having a sleep over in Aunt Aly's house with the boys.

It's a perfect timing to leave dahil wala ng tao sa bahay maliban kay Ate Linda na natutulog na ngayon at sya dapat na bantay ko/kasama ko dahil nga nagpaiwan ako't sabi ko'y magbabasa na lang ako sa bahay.

I can't use my car because that will gain more attention and I won't be able to leave this place unnoticed.

Pinag-iisipan ko pa kung paano akong hindi mahuhuli sa CCTV camera na nakatapat sa may gate namin nang eto nga't bigla namang sumulpot si Euphy.

"Ha? Am..nothing. Just checking our plants." Patay malisya pa ako kahit ang lame ng palusot ko.

"You know I won't believe that." She boredly said.

Napabuntong hininga na lang ako at umayos ng tayo saka sya hinarap.

"I'm about to sneak out. Wag mo'kong gagayahin okay?" Sabi ko na ikinangiti nya.

"As much as I'm getting annoyed of how protective my father is. I'm not as courageous as you to leave this compound Ate." She said and I gave her a small smile.

"You're a strong girl Euphy, you just have to give yourself a little more credit." I softly said and that made her smile a little bigger than what she usually gives us.

"I'll try to remember that. So do you want help?" She asked but I shook my head.

Lumapit ako sa kanya at masuyong niyakap bago bumitaw at pinat ang ulo nya.

"I don't want you getting pressured into answering them once they caught you in the camera trying to help me. Basta na lang ako lalabas, CCTV's be dammed. Once I get out of the subdivision, everything will be okay I guess."

"Just pretend that you didn't saw me tonight." I said and she nodded.

Nginitian ko sya bago lumapit na ulit sa may gate namin pero bago pa ako makalabas talaga, tinawag nya ako ulit.

"When will you be back?"

"Maybe after 6 months." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

Tinignan ko pa sya ng matagal, I'll surely miss her, bukod sa mga kapatid nya, ako ang mas hilig nyang kausapin sa mga problema nya kaya lumapit ako ulit ako kay Euphy at may inipit na maliit na piraso ng papel sa kamay nya pagkatapos.

"This will be our little secret okay? You can call me through that number if you wanted to talk to someone." I said and she looked at the piece of paper before looking back at me then nodded.

Ibinulsa nya yon bago huminga ng malalim.

"I hope you find what you're trying to look for." She said and I smiled before going out of our house.

I closed the gate and ran away, bago pa ako mahagip ng camera at mapansin ng mga bantay sa guard house nila.

I left my bracelet with a tracking device, I left the letter I made for my brothers on their room and the letter I made for my father on top of their bed so it'll be the first thing they'll see once they're home.