All I Ever Knew

-Just a note, but some of the character interactions in this chapter might seem off to those of you who haven't re-read the edited chapters in the beginning. I recommend going back and reading those to better understand, but it might not be required. That part is up to you to decide.

-NFD

~~~

I heard numerous voices around me, steadily getting louder and louder. With an irritated mumble, I cracked open my eyes to-

I shrieked in terror, shooting to my paws and rolling aside as a Boulder-Wing tried to cave in my skull. I panted heavily, my eyes wildly looking around and seeing multiple enemies clashing in combat with one another, three of them charging me with murder in their eyes. 

I narrowed my eyes and snarled furiously, lashing out at an incoming Flame-Skin's throat and loosing a bout of Soulfire into a second Flame-Skin. Strangely, my Soulmagic had resisted cooperating with me slightly, but I didn't have time to think on it. The third dragon didn't come to me head-on, and I couldn't see what species it was due to the speed it moved. I jumped aside as it charged me, colliding with something invisible, but too focused on the passing dark shape to care. 

I clawed at an unfortunate Storm-Scale that got in my way, feeling my claws dig into something solid just before they reached its hide. There was a muffled, almost inaudible shout, but I ignored it, launching a bolt of fire at the retreating Storm-Scale. I returned to watching the speeding dragon, seeing it change course to run straight to me. Finally, I caught a glimpse of the fast dragon, then froze, all of my rage twisting into despair and fear.

It was my little brother, Toothless.

"NO!" I screeched, ducking a sloppily executed swipe of his claws. "D-Don't do this! I dont w-want to hurt-"

Something else slammed into my side, throwing my now trembling body to the ground. I writhed and screamed as some invisible force held me down, Toothless's victorious and bloody grin approaching me slowly. 

"PLEASE!" I shouted desperately, "i-it's ME! You know me! BROTH-

To my confusion, something I couldn't see shoved a dry thing into my mouth, and by instinct, I was forced to swallow it or risk choking. But that was the least of my worries, Toothless's bloody claws set on my neck now, poised to dig deep, and an evil grin plastered to his face.

"D-Don't do this..." I whimpered pleadingly, tears falling down my face.

"I want my revenge," he growled, "for everything you've... done to..." 

His voice slowly grew fainter and fainter, his bloody grin becoming fuzzier as the seconds passed. My heaving breaths slowed down, my racing heart calmed down, and I started to hear more voices, but they sounded more worried instead of angry...

"-ccup, it's okay, it's okay..." 

Was that... Stormfly's voice?

"Star, hold still, damnit!" 

And what was Mom doing here? She could get hurt!

After a few moments, my fuzzy and warped vision gradually cleared up, revealing Stormfly's white face encompassing my entire field of view, a few tears in her eyes. "Don't worry," she crooned gently, "you're safe, Hiccup. It's okay... it's-" 

She yelped when I suddenly reached up and yanked her down to my head, holding her tightly against me as I sobbed from my residual terror. She relaxed, wrapping her wings around me with a soft purr.