Fuck the World

You watched from afar seeing and hearing Lavar yell at Melo for missing an easy shot

You watched from afar seeing and hearing Lavar yell at Melo for missing an easy shot. He was going completely crazy on him for no reason, they were literally just shooting the ball around. LaMelo took the yelling, but you could see it was bothering him the look was clear as day on his face.

Not wanting to watch any longer because you could feel yourself getting upset for him you walked back inside the estate going up to LaMelo's room to lie down in his bed. Soon after, Melo walked in without a word, immediately walking into his bathroom and turning on the shower along with his speaker. You knew he was in his feelings when he started playing Daniel Ceasar. That boy never listened to R&B unless he was upset.

You wrecked your brain thinking of things that could possibly cheer him up, but couldn't think of anything. When melo was upset he was upset there was no changing his mood.

He finally made his way out of the bathroom, sliding into the bed and laying his head on your chest. He placed his hand under your shirt, not in a sexual manner, but just for that skin to skin contact you both adored. You played in his curls debating on whether or not you should pry in on his emotions.

"Baby?"

"Hm?"

"Are you okay?" You asked hesitantly, Melo's never really expressed his emotions to you when he was upset about something, but you wanted him to get comfortable doing that with you. Nobody should have to hold in their emotions, especially not from their significant other.

He didn't say anything, at first so you decided to let it go. Deciding he'd open up to you when he was ready. Y'all laid in silence for a long time and you damn near fell asleep before you heard him finally speak.

"I don't know if I wanna play basketball anymore."

He spoke out randomly, but almost at a whisper. You were shocked. His voice was filled with disbelief almost as if he didn't believe what just came out of his mouth either.

"Why pooh?" You rubbed down his neck and back soothing him.

"I'm not happy playing anymore. I mean I am but.... sometimes it just feels like it's a chore more than anything else. Especially with dad acting the way that he do and then the pressure from the world, and everybody judging me." He paused. "I'm starting to feel like I'm not human anymore I'm just a walking dollar sign that can shoot 3's, or something to hate on."

You pouted hating that he felt that way, about the world around him. The fact that he felt like he didn't mean much to anybody except for when he played ball made you sick to your stomach because you loved him more than anything in the world and you didn't feel that way about him.

"Lamelo baby, I love you. You know that right?"

He simply nodded his head, sniffling a little. Your heart broke knowing he probably wanted to cry but wasn't going to because he was with you.

"Nah forreal, like I love you for you. Not because you can shoot 3's not because of what your future holds, not because of what the world thinks of you. None of that." You kissed the top of his head squeezing him tighter in your arms, hoping to get the point across. He squeezed you back and you felt wet drops on your chest, he sniffles again.

"I love you so much." He breathed out.

::
inspired by an article by bleacher report I read where he basically said he don't like nun dat shit besides basketball 😔
-
Y'all like the new cover ?