Daddy for a Day

I walked in to our apartment from the grocery store placing a ton of bags on the counter, noticing the tv on and a child of never seen before sitting on our sofa watching a show.

"What's up bae?" Melo, walked from behind me kissing  me on my cheek.

"You see that kid too, right?" I rubbed my eyes and shook my head, maybe I was just seeing things.

"Yeah, that's my friend son, Justice. I thought since we gone have a baby soon I might as well practice. Ya know be a daddy for a day."

My heart melted hearing the words 'daddy for a day' escape his mouth. It was so cute how excited LaMelo was for our future child to come. Since the moment he found out he's been beyond excited and preparing, we  were only 3 months and already had a full blown wardrobe for the kid.

"Well, how is daddy for a day going so far?" I wrapped my arms around his neck, reaching up on my tippy toes to place a delicate kiss on his lips. Snaking his arms around my waist he pecked back replying with a simple "good."

"Ew." The child shrieked, making you two pull away laughing.

"What? Yo mommy and daddy don't kiss, lil man?" Melo asked walking over to him sitting down, while you put up the groceries. Typical man, take the easy way out of chores.

"Nah, my mommy be hitting on my daddy."

My eyes widened and I choked on spit in my mouth. "Huh?" I turned around covering my mouth. Melo's eyebrows scrunched together.

"Yeah, she be hitting him." He laughed watching spongebob. "But I think he like it, cuz he be like 'like that!'" The boy smiled, looking at melo.

Melo fell onto the floor holding onto his stomach laughing . "My boy."

"Maybe they're just playing a game." I suggested walking over them sitting next to him. Deeply concerned, this boy was too young to be aware of what his nasty ass parents was doing with him in the house.

"I guess," he shrugged his shoulders. "But it's always at night and I hear it against the wall."

"What else they be doing?" Melo's nosey ass asked.

*
I deadass just be typing 😭 this shit so funny to me.
-Retro