Meant To Be

Requested & plot by @inwhatworldwouldi 😭

It's a lot of names so here's a breakdown:

Naz- YOU

Isha, Michelle, Diyah - your cousins

Italics is a flashback.

NAZ

"I'm so bored." Michelle your cousin, whines sitting upside down on the couch. "Me too, sis." "Same, here." Your other 2 cousins spoke up. You all were on group ft. "Y'all up for an adventure?"

"What kind of adventure? Because you be on that wild shit." You laughed.

"Naz, who would I be, if I didn't suggest we do wild shit?" Spoke concerned making you all laugh. "What you tryna do girl?" Isha spoke.

"I was thinkingggg," she visibly sat up so you could see her correctly. "We should make a trip to LA. Like let's leave tonight."

"No cap. I'm down." Diyah spoke. "Im finna pack my bag right now." Isha laughed getting up, setting her camera on her dresser. You didn't say anything you were conflicted, your impulses were telling you yes, but something in your mind was telling you no. But you were the pussy of the group, and they always made fun of you for it. You wanted to prove you could be wild like them, and you weren't a goody. "Okay, I'm in." You smiled half heartedly.

"I'm finna buy our tickets with my dads credit card right now." Michelle flashed it. "So you cant back out and be a pussy, Naz."

"I said I'm in Michelle, suck a butt." You hurriedly got up to find a suitcase. "Alright y'all, flight in 3 hours." You looked at the time it was 11:00 pm. "Be at the airport no later than 1:00. You all hung up the phone.

Stepping into the shower, you light the hot water pierce your skin, to say you were a bit nervous was an understatement. Y'all were only 17, and this was a risky ass trip to be taking without your parents knowing or their consent and it was so spur of the moment.

Stepping out you jumped into a comfortable airport fit, and packed all you would need for LA, making sure to pack your favorite bikini. You scheduled an Uber to come pick you up at 12:15 because it took around 30 minutes to get there and you didn't want to be late. You walked into your closet, going into an old Vans shoebox and taking out a wad of cash you'd been saving for random times like this. You looked down at your phone seeing your Uber approaching, and quietly snuck out the house hopping in.

"Naz??"

"Naz!" Your cousin Diyah snapped her fingers in front of your face. "Girl you been day dreaming since we walked in here. You okay?"

You shook your head yeah. Looking around the 24 diner you use to eat in all the time when you lived in LA, before you moved to Toronto. It was completely empty but it was, pretty late.

"I'm just nervous, I'm scared what my parents are gonna say and how they're going to react. This isn't me I don't usually just leave." You rubbed your arms. You didn't want to admit it, but you were indeed a pussy and your guilt was letting you know it.

"I'm not gone lie I'm kinda scared to. My parents are gonna beat my ass once they find out we're this far from home." Isha reassured, reaching her hand acrosss the table to grab yours. "We'll just get our ass beat together." She smiled making you feel slightly better. She was the nice one out the group, she never made you feel too bad for being scary.

"My motto is, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission." Michelle shrugged her shoulders, shoving her pancakes into her mouth.

"Of course it is." I laughed. She was the bad girl of the group. Always doing shit she wasn't supposed to, and not giving a fuck about it. Her parents were getting so use to it now they started to not even try to discipline her. She was gonna do what she wanted regardless.

"Cheer up sis. Plus, we still gotta find some place to stay, there gonna kick us out sooner or later." Isha laughed looking at the irritated old ass server mugging them.

You laughed making you look up. Your eyes so happened to land on a couple of boys walking in. Your heart skipped a beat as you think you knew one of the boys, but your heart dropped once you realized you definitely knew all 5 that walked in. The last one walking in, Lamelo, confirmed it. I guess he noticed you, too because he glanced at you a couple times, as he walked by sitting a couple booths behind you guys.

"Oooof I missed L.A I forgot how fine the men were." Isha sipped her water. "Bitch you don't remember?" You leaned in and whispered. "Remember what?" They all leaned in. "Y'all that's the Ball brothers, and their friends."

"Ooooh no wonder that one boy was looking at you." Her mouth formed an 'o'. They didn't know them as well as you did. Your family was really close with them because your parents worked together and they always used to hang at each other's house. Your cousins were only over a couple of times they came so I guess you couldn't blame them for not remembering.

"Whose the chocolate one? I want him." Diyah nudged you. "That's DMO." You whispered. "Okay well go talk to them, be my wing woman."

"Girl, fuck no. They probably don't even remember me."

"There Naz go being pussy." She rolled her eyes pulling her phone out and going onto snap. Diyah was the ruthless one.

You sighed getting up, having to go to the bathroom, unfortunately you'd have to walk past the boys. You tried your best not to make eye contact, but Melo was staring you down with a confused look on his face and you noticed Anthony whisper than try to slyly point at you. Soon all the boys were looking at you. Quickly walking past before giving them the opportunity to stop you, you made it safely to your destination, taking care of your business.

You walked out bumping into somebody, "oh sorry." You spoke up looking up and luckily for him it was Melo.

"Wassup nazyyyy?" He laughed saying your nickname that nobody had called you in years. You actually hated that nickname.

"Am I supposed to know you?" You pretended to be confused.

"Come on Naz don't be like that. I know you remember me." He stale faced her. "Nah I don't think I do." You said trying to walk by him.

"Well let me remind you then." He grabbed her face, bending over a bit to kiss her on the lips, making her shiver. Sending her into a flashback. Lamelo was her very first kiss back when they were younger. Neither of them had had their first kiss, and people use to make fun of them for it so they decided to be each other's first kiss. Just so they weren't kissing virgins anymore. They use to deny the chemistry they had for each other because they were too good of friends, but then Melo finally moved on forreal. Leaving, her hopelessly in love with someone who'd never love her back.

You pulled back from the kiss, "Hi, Lamelo."

"Where you been? I haven't seen you in a while." "Oh, the job moved my parents to Canada. We stay in Toronto now."

"Oh forreal, that's whats up. How's Zaz and Aiz?" He asked referring to her two older brothers. "Um, they're good, still playing basketball."

He laughed, "Them niggas was some ass." He yelled making you laugh too.

"You wanna sit down?" He turned around pointing to a smaller booth near where you two were talking. You agreed following and sitting across from him. You two caught up for a while, telling each other about your families. You ended up telling him how Diyah wanted DMO and he texted him, telling them to go sit with your cousins while you guys talked. Talking to him felt like you guys never lost touch, it was so easy talking to him. He definitely felt the same way.

"You know, you should come to UCLA with me." He looked at her, trying to read her expression. She used to be so easy to read but now that they were so grown and different he couldn't tell her emotions anymore. He didn't realize how much he missed her until she came back.

And you know what they say, if you love something let it go, and if comes back to you then it was meant to be.

I think she should turn my imagine into a book, cuz she basically had everything planned out. I just had to execute it. 😭 comment if u agree!
-xoxo, retro