Hurt feelings

"I HATE YOU!" Your 8 year old daughter yelled pushing her twin brother into the wall. They began to fight, but you quickly broke it up.

"Aht Aht, go back outside with your dad." You pointed towards the garage door sternly looking at your son. "And you," you pointed towards your daughter. "Come here."

She took a deep breath sighing. It took everything in you not to snatch her lil ass up. But she never acted like this. It was obviously something serious. "What's wrong witchu lil girl?"

Her face moved from a hard to soft then to a frown. "Daddy, only pays attention to Junior when we play. He never pays attention to me even though I'm better than him in basketball." Her lip began to tremble and tears rolled down her eyes. She was such a daddy's girl.

"Awe mommy's baby come here don't cry." She ran into your arms, hugging you as she cried. "Melanie, have you tried telling him how you feel about it?"

"No." She wiped her face. "Well how bout this? After you wash up and we eat dinner just talk to him about it okay sweetie?"

She nodded her head.

"Can mommy have a kiss." You turned your head to the side and pointed at your cheek. She giggled before kissing it. "Thank you, baby."

- After Dinner-

"Now mommy?" She whispered, popping up from behind the couch. You nodded your head.

"Daddy?" Melanie walked in front of you and LaMelo and placed her hand on her hip, making you laugh. This girl had too much attitude.

"What's up baby girl?" He laughed.

"How come you pay more attention to Junior when we play basketball than me? It hurts my feelings."

His face scrunched in disdain, you could tell he was hurt he did that. It was obvious he did it unconsciously.

"I didn't know you liked basketball forreal baby." He motioned for her to come to him and she climbed into his lap. "I'm sorry. You'll forgive me?"

She nodded and he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"And Between you and me you're better than Junior." He whispered. "I know." She winked.