New Edd: Like Fire

*WARNING*
This story contains a lot of mentions of drug use, specifically cannabis. If that's something that's triggering to you, don't read it.

Kevin's POV

"You know, I saw what you did."

Edd looks confused "Huh?"

"You gave that lady a massive tip."

"Well, as much as I like you and you're friends, they're very loud and I'm sure it wasn't easy for her to make and serve all those pizzas by herself."

"I agree." "It's made me realise that we need to be tipping her more."

"I'm glad you think so baby." He leans in and gives me a kiss. "Are we gonna study or whatcha wanna do?" "You can stay the night if you'd like." He chuckles, "Not necessarily for sex."

"Let's do all of the above?" "Study, movie, then I'll fuck you." "Sound good?"

He laughs, "Sure."

"Let me go get some clothes to sleep in and I'll be right back."

"Okay."

I jog down stairs, out the door, across the street, and into my house.

"Kevin?" "Is that you hunny?" My mom calls from the kitchen.

I make my way into the kitchen and peak my head in "Yeah, its me."

She turns around, "Where have you been?"

"Oh! Ummm.. I gotta tell you something.."

She smiles "I'm listening"

"I'm dating Edd, the guy across the street and I was kinda gonna spend the night"

"Okay"

I stand there frozen, "Okay?"

"Yes. Okay." "What were you expecting hunny?"

"Don't know maybe like a little anger or something."

She giggles, "No hunny, I already knew, I was just seeing if you'd lie to me about it."

"You knew?" She nods. "What would you have done if I lied about it?"

"Not much probably, if you weren't ready to come out to me then you weren't ready" "I probably would've just waited until you told the truth."

I walk up and give her a massive hug, squeezing her tightly, "I love you."

"I love you too hunny."

I jog off into my room and grab the things I need then jog back out the door, as I'm leaving I call back to my mom "Love you."

She calls back "Use protection please!"

"Mom!" I hear her giggle and close the door behind me.

I make my way upstairs and open Edds door to see him with his face buried in a book. "Do you ever stop reading?"

He moves the book and smiles at me, "Not really" "I like to keep my brain entertained."

I plop down on the bed "I don't know how you do it, like be busy and doing something all the time."

"It's how I keep the voices at bay." I look over at him and raise an eyebrow, he chuckles, "God that makes me sound crazy."

"Just a little."

"Well... okay, um.. I have depression and anxiety so basically anytime I'm not actively using my brain there are like these nagging thoughts telling me all kinds of terrible things about myself and all the horrible shit that could happen." he looks down at his hands, "So if I'm constantly reading, my brain doesn't get a chance to speak" he looks back up at me with tears in his eyes, "Does that make sense?"

"Come here." I pat on my lap. He scoots over and sits on my lap, I hug him to my chest tightly. "I'm sorry your brain is an asshole" I kiss the top of his head. "I wish I could make it go away but I know I can't." I pet his hair and I hear him sniffle, "Don't cry baby."

"I dont want you to think I'm weak."

I pull him back and he looks up at me wide eyed. "Dude! You just beat me at my own game, literally, and you just told me your own brain is mean to you and yet you're still here. I literally can not think of a stronger person." What I said must have hit a soft spot because he just starts bawling and buries his face in my shirt. We sit there for a while, him sobbing into my shirt and me shushing and petting him.

After everything's calmed down he pulls back "Thank you." I raise an eyebrow in question, "It's been so long since I've cried and had anyone be there to hold me during it."

"I'm your boyfriend baby" "I'll always hold you when you cry"

He smiles and scoots back into his spot, "Damn I need to smoke, what about you?"

"Sounds good to me, what we havin?"

"Well.." he leans over and grabs a few different containers and bags out of his drawer then sets them in front of me. "So we got bud, wax, and edibles"

I chuckle, "You're such a stoner." he smiles and sticks his tongue out at me. "Tell me bout em cause I'm a noob"

He giggles, "So you know what bud is that's what you're used to; then we have edibles which are some sort of food item, in this case gummies, that have a certain amount of THC, the stuff that makes you high, in them; and then we have wax, it's basically like if you squeezed the bud and smoked the oil that came out of it, so much more potent and you smoke it differently." "We can do any of them or even a combination if you'd like."

"Damn that's a lot of shit." "Okay... um.... let's do an edible and some wax."

"Sounds good to me." He opens the package of edibles and takes one out, "These are pretty strong so I'm only gonna give you a quarter of one and I'll eat the rest." I nod and he bites the gummy in half and then in half again then hands me the quarter.

I pop it into my mouth, "Ooo these are yummy!"

He chuckles and nods. He then pulls a very complex looking bong off of a shelf and opens his drawer pulling a small torch type lighter out. "You should go get some drinks while I heat this up, I'm pretty sure you're gonna die and you'll need something to soothe your throat." I nod.

I walk down and grab two glasses, filling them with tea from the fridge and grabbing a few snacks. I take a minute to look around and notice that there's not that many pictures of him or his family, I knew his parents were absent but I don't think I've ever realised how absent. Should I bring it up? I don't want him to start crying again, it hurts me to see him cry.

I make my way back up stairs and open the door, "Oo you brought snacks! Those will very much come in handy"

I chuckle, "How we lookin?"

He eyes me up and down, "Pretty good, if you ask me." He purrs.

I laugh, "That's not what I meant but thank you."

He chuckles "Almost done just gotta let it cool down a bit." I place the snacks and drinks on the night stand then plop onto the bed. He hovers his hand over the bowl attached to the bong, "All ready!" He takes a little scoop of the wax and put in in the bowl then puts a lid of some sort on it. "Okay. Just inhale normally." I nod and he holds the bong up to my lips and I breathe in, he moves the little top, spinning it around, taking it off and putting it back on until there's no more smoke.

I pull back and let the smoke out and when I do it feels like fire, "Holy shit." I start coughing and coughing and coughing. Edd hands me my drink and I take a giant glug of it almost drinking it completely. "Fuck Edd."

He smiles and pets me, "I'm sorry, I tried to give you a little one!" "I told you, you might die!"

"Well your turn then!" I claim still coughing. "Let me see you take one."

"Very well" Edd reheats the bowl and waits for it to get hot enough, then scoops out a significantly larger ball and tosses it in the bowl and inhales until theres no more smoke. He blows out the smoke then nothing, no coughing.

"What the fuck!"

"As you said I'm a pro stoner, okay?"

I roll my eyes, "Shut up" I chuckle.

"Make me." He purrs.