Reunited: Shiny

Kevins POV:

As I make my way through the campus, I take note of the day, it's becoming fall and starting to get brisk; the sun is shining brightly but not in an overbearing way, I can hear the rustle of the leaves around me.

I push open the door to the main dormitory and the once calm sounds of rustling leaves being blown by the wind is overtaken by chattering and giggling. I spot Nat and Nazz, making my way over.

"Heyo Kevo" Nat chimes shooting finger guns at me.

I chuckle a little and shoot finger guns back. "Heyo Nato"

"Y'all are ridiculous" Nazz scoffs.

Nat wraps his arm around her shoulder and hangs loosely on her. "Don't be jealous of our love babycakes, there's plenty to go around" he smooches the air in her direction.

Nazz fake gags and rolls her eyes, "You know damn well I'm gay as hell now get off of me, you're heavy." she shrugs his arm off of her.

"Alright alright, that's enough" I tsk at them. A shimmer of light catches my eye outside the doors, probably just a piece of trash that caught the sun the right way but I dunno, it was pretty. I zone out staring through the glass doors to the outside. I get an idea, "Hey guys... do you wanna eat outside today? It's so nice out." Both Nazz and Nat shake their heads rapidly and we make our way to the cafe. I grab a simple turkey sandwich, a bag of chips, and a strawberry granola parfait. Nat and Nazz decide to split a big Cuban Sub and both grab a bag of chips as well.

We make our way outside and find a, somewhat, secluded table to sit and enjoy our food at. "Shit, we forgot our drinks.." Nazz huff as she shifts her body getting up.

I put my hand up. "I got it, what do you want?"

"Pink lemonade please" Nazz chimes

"Make it two my dude" Nat smiles.

I nod and make my way back into the cafe. Something shiny catches my eye again, what the fuck. I search the room for the source of the glimmer and holy shit.. is that Edd? with a chain earring cuff?? "Edd?" I start walking close and speak up again. "Edd?! Is that you?!"

His eyes jolt up from his book and look at the source of the noise, "Kevin?" He smiles and stands up meeting me halfway.

"Hey, my guy! Long time, no see!"

His face falls and his gaze shifts to the floor. "Yeah, sorry about that, my parents ended up getting their study transferred to the UK and I couldn't stay in the US anymore seeing as I was a minor."

I pat his shoulder, "It's alright my dude, I'm just happy to see you." I smile and he smiles back. Oh fuck, here we go again... it broke my heart when he just fucking disappeared, we were getting so close. "Guess who else is here?!" He raised an eyebrow at my question. "Lemme show you!!"

I make my way out the door and try to hide Edd behind me the best I can. "Thank god Kev, what was taking so long??" Nazz huffs. "Where are the drinks?"

"I got you one better my dude..." I beam and step to the side revealing Edd. Both Nazz and Nat bolt up from their seats and run toward Edd practically tackling him to the ground.

"OMIGOD MY EDD!! I've missed you so much" Nazz practically screeches out leaving kisses all over his face.

I stand back and watch as they swoon over Edd, happy to have him back in our lives. Our eyes meet through the chaos and I'm in high school all over again... I've missed this boy so fucking much... I swallow hard and give him a wink, turning him red.. still got it, I smile to myself.