128🔥 Songhee + Hayoon = SongYoon

Start from the beginning

They sat in a silence for some moments before Shuhua said, "I feel so bad." which was met with many of them agreeing with her.

Jeongyeon stood, walking over to Songhee, who was sitting on the couch, "Can you go talk to her?" she inquired, staring the female down.

Songhee furrowed her eyebrows, clearly confused, "If she won't talk to you, her sun soul, then what makes you think she'll talk to me?"

"Because you're the person she was saving," Jeongyeon spoke truthfully, her tone wasn't accusing, it was a matter-a-fact type of tone; Songhee looked down at her hands when Jeongyeon said it, "I think you talking to her, telling her what she did wasn't for nothing, will help her cope."

Songhee sighed, looking at the others, who were avoiding eye contact because they knew what Jeongyeon was saying was right. So, she stood, huffing out a deep breath and slowly making her way towards Hayoon, Donghan, and Jeongyeon's shared bedroom where Hayoon was currently residing.

Once they heard the door shut, Dion said something that them all gaping.

"If it hit Songhee, she would've been fine," he stated, which had the others staring at him with furrowed eyebrows, "Songhee is The Onee vessels whisp sage, it's protector and guardian, if she would've gotten hit and got her ability taken away, it would've come back when the Onee awakened." he explained, man spreading and saying everything calmly.

"But I have the whisp," Jungkook said with his eyebrows furrowed, the others looking over at him, "so am I not the whisp sage?"

Dion shook his head but then tilted it before raising his hand and doing a so-so gesture, "Back then there used be multiple whisp sages, witches slowly hunted them down and dwindled the numbers. Though, there was always a lead sage, one that has been with the vessel from a young age protecting it unknowingly, Songhee has been with Yoongi since they were children, same thing with SeokJin and Hoseok. Jungkook, you're a sage, but not the main one."

"Then how come my whisp is present and hers isn't?" Jin inquired, his arm wrapped around Jungkook as they sat on the couch.

Dion sighed, making a bottle of whiskey appear in his hand, they weren't fazed by it, "Because Hoseok made the Phoenix present in his body at a young age, which is why your whisp appeared, on top of that fire whisps are much easier to have than any other. While frost ones are rare, and with the Onee and it's sage, the whisp only shows when the Onee is awakened; that's just how it is, I don't know why." he informed them, taking a drink of the bottle after.

The others nodded, now feeling a new type of remorse for Hayoon.

<><><>

"Hey, Hayoon," Songhee greeted awkwardly while walking further into the room, her eyes fixated on the female in front of her.

Hayoon was sitting on the window seat in the room, her knees pulled up to her chest and her gaze focused on the night sky outside of the window. The light blue streak in her hair was prominent against the black the rest of her hair was drowned in. It complimented her skin if Songhee was being honest, but it was nothing like the white.

She walked closer to her, right near the window seat and her, though before she could say anything Hayoon beat her to it.

"My pure ice ability was the only thing I got from my dad, Joonwae," her voice was soft, not full of any force, unlike how it usually is, "I know I have his necklace, which my mom gave me, but the ice I got from him, because he wielded it too..." her voice started to quaver, she refused to look at Songhee, the elder female pouting as she listened, "now I don't even have that because of some witch. It's the one thing I held on to, the one th-thing I could say I got from my father, the closest thing I had to him, Donghan has our mothers fire, I had our dads ice." she wiped at her eyes before fixing her position, she was now looking right at Songhee, her legs hanging over the seat.

Songhee really didn't know what to say, she knew an I'm sorry would be pitiful and insincere, but that's all her brain could come up with.

What was she supposed to say, 'Thank you for taking the shot for me'?

'I'm still madly in love with you and your act of selflessness only deepened that emotion'?

She didn't think now was a good time to confess her love, the love she never fell out of, for Hayoon.

But when would there be?

Right now they're fighting a coven of immortal witches that want them all dead, who knows if tomorrow she'll even be alive to confess.

Even though she tries not to think about that.

Songhee was so immersed in her thoughts she didn't realize Hayoon was talking to her until she grabbed her wrist, "Hey, you there?" she inquired, Songhee nodding slowly while swallowing the lump in her throat, "I know Jeongyeon told you to come talk to me, mission accomplished, even though I did most of the talking. You can go now to Yoongi or Ilsung or something-"

"I love you," Songhee blurted out, interrupting Hayoon's words and causing the female to raise an eyebrow.

Hayoon scoffed, letting go of Songhee's wrist and shaking her head, "Look- I-i know I saved your life or ability, but you don't have to pretend you still love me or something because of it. That's a thing y'know, people fall into love for someone when they do something 'heroic'." Hayoon air quoted the word, Songhee's expression not amused.

"I'm not saying this because of what you did- sure it pushed me to let it out, but I'm not saying it because I realized it now," she walked closer to Hayoon, pushing the female's legs apart and standing in between them, Hayoon wanting to put her hands on Songhee's waist but deciding against it, "I realized it awhile ago, when I saw you talking to Soyeon and laughing, I saw the girl I fell in love with and never fell out of love for." she confessed, her eyes watering slightly.

Songhee cupped Hayoon's face, the younger female's breathing stopping for a moment as her eyes watered, Songhee continued, "I saw the girl that made my heart skip a beat, the one that made me laugh to the point I couldn't breath, the one that cared for me in ways no one else could," she stroked Hayoon's cheek-bone with her thumb, a soft smile coming to her face, "the one who loved me."

Hayoon closed the gap between them, her hands on Songhee's waist as she pulled the female closer to her, Songhee's body falling onto Hayoon's lap. Songhee's arms wrapped around Hayoon's neck as she tried to pull her even closer, Hayoon's lips feeling soft and familiar, as if this wasn't their first kiss in months.

Hayoon pulled away first, a tear running down her cheek, she was crying, "I love you too, I never stopped but I thought yo-you hated me because of what I did," she confessed, looking at the female who was sitting on her lap.

Songhee smiled that same smile Hayoon has come to adore, she kissed Hayoon again, lovingly, "I wanted too, but I couldn't because despite you doing that, you came back to help, you're fighting on the good side." Hayoon closed her eyes as her own smile appeared on her face, her forehead leaning against Songhee's collarbone while Songhee just carded her hands through Hayoon's black hair.

Maybe losing her ability had some ups.

a/n
SongYoon's back y'all :,)