Chapter 19: Take It Back

Delilah's P.O.V.

The next morning, I lay in my bed coughing as Addison sat beside me. She gave me some water and was covering me with a blanket. Zed brought me here with my friends and she offered to look after me. I didn't feel like confronting my mates or anything. At this point, my adoptive sister was all I needed.

Addison took the tip of the water bottle away from my chapped lips before she grabbed a wash cloth and placed it on my forehead.

"I'm sorry this happened." I apologized.

She shook her head. "Don't apologize. It's my job to take care of you when you're sick. I told Mom and Dad I would help you out. They've been so stressed out."

I let out a cough as I tried to sit up, but she stopped me. "Just rest, sis."

I nodded as a knock at the door sounded and Missy came in with a warm smile. "Addison, you need to get to school, sweetheart. I'll look after your sister."

She nodded before getting up and grabbing her backpack. She hugged me and we said bye as she exit the room.

Missy came over and sat next to my bed. She got me some medicine. Once I was done, she stayed with me for an hour before my necklace went green and I coughed.

"Here, sweetie. Go to sleep so you can get even a tiny bit of energy back." she said.

I nodded my head before snuggling under the covers and letting my exhaustion take over until I was out like a light.

++++++++++

I woke up to some knocking at my window. Getting up, I looked and saw Zara and Eliza at my window. I got up and opened it, seeing they were in formal wear.

"Girls? What's up?" I asked.

"Get dressed, we're going to crash the Prawn." Zara told me.

I chuckled a bit. "Breaking the rules?"

"Pretty much." Eliza agreed.

"I'll be ready in a couple minutes." I told them. They nodded before I closed the window and they jumped off.

I laughed before I went to my closet and got my dress that I had originally planned on wearing. I put it on along with my mint green heels. For my hair, I straightened it until it was as straight as a board. When I looked in the mirror, I was happy with the result.

I opened my window and saw the werewolves and zombies there

I opened my window and saw the werewolves and zombies there. I ended up getting my mates' attention as I stepped out and jumped off the balcony, landing perfectly on my feet.

Perks of being a werewolf.

"You looks amazing, girlie!" Zara told me.

"It brings out your eyes." Zed added.

"Aww, thanks." I replied as I fist-bumped them.

My mates were looking at me with longing, love, and regret. I could feel it through the mate bond. I was still hurt by what they said, but I wanted to just run up into their arms and love them. But, I knew it would take a while for me to forgive them, since my life has been impacted so much.