Chapter 4: Slipped Away

Delilah's P.O.V.

After making sure everybody was safe, we all went to the City Hall where everybody was gathered. The council was talking as Addison and I were being checked on by her parents.

"We're okay." Addison reassured her parents.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Bucky come to us.

"Aunt Missy, Uncle Dale. The crash was horrible." He then put his arms around us. "But, I protected Addison. Anyone as courageous as me would've done the same. Though, not really, I'm super brave."

I rolled my eyes at his lie.

"Missy, Dale, everything is fine." I said.

"It's not fine. There are werewolves circling us right now ready to attack!" Dale objected.

"You're like family to us, Delilah. I couldn't imagine what would've happened to my second daughter!" his wife told me, holding my hands in hers.

I smiled at her concern and felt nothing but peace. She was the only mother figure I gained after mine passed. Whenever I ran away from home, I always went to their house and she always treated me to hot chocolate and what not.

She was one of the few I told about my soulmates and she was happy for me. She often wished me luck on finding them and would ask me if I ever did whenever I went over.

I wish I could tell her about the abuse, but I can't.

"Yeah! And I'm way too tasty. I'm always looking like a snack. Somebody has to do something." Bucky explained.

Missy was the next to speak up. "And someone will. Hold my purse."

She walked up to the podium and slammed her mallet a few times.

"By order to City Council, effective immediately, all anti-monster laws are reinstated!" she announced.

I gasped as the humans cheered and the zombies looked down.

"Mom, that is unfair!" Addison shouted. Missy looked at her, motioning 'Zip it!'.

I looked to my left and saw Michelle and my father come in and I felt my heart racing. Panic set in.

There was no chance of running as the closer they got, the more scared I felt.

*Two Hours Later*

I winced as I kept the ice pack to my head, my wrists now bandaged, though you could faintly see a red spot forming. I had just received a beating from my father and Michelle a couple minutes ago.

The curfew had already gone into effect due to the anti-monster laws being reinstated because of the werewolves. Michelle and my father showed up acting like concerned parents, sugarcoating everything. Once we got home, all hell broke loose.

*Flashback*

I cautiously walked through the door behind Michelle and my father. Once I closed the door, I felt a strike against my cheek and I yelped in pain, leaning against the door.

"You stupid girl! How could you waste our time all because you couldn't stay on a shitty bus?!" Michelle yelled.

My father grabbed me by my hair and punched me, making me hit the floor. I cried as I shielded myself from their kicks and punches.

"You're nothing but a freak! You're worthless! Nobody will ever love you or save you!" he yelled.

I was too scared and hurt to even fight back. If it weren't for my throbbing side.

'Wyatt, Willa, Wynter, please help me! I need you!' I mentally screamed.

Michelle grabbed me roughly and slapped me before she literally tossed me into my room.

"You may come out once you learnt your lesson!" she yelled before slamming the door.

I winced as I held my now throbbing eye and head. What did I do to deserve this?

*End of Flashback*

I cried quietly as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked like a mess. No, I looked like a wreck. I looked damaged. My hair was messy due to it being pulled, my left eye was swollen and had a purple/red bruise on it. My arms and legs were covered in fresh, new bruises along with my scars from the kicks. My wrists were heavily bandaged due to me using my razors.

"Why do I even bother?" I asked myself as I took off my wig and let my natural, white hair fall down. When I put the ice pack back, I felt more cooler and relaxed with not having my wig on.

I left my bathroom, still holding the ice to my head before going to my black eye, switching back and forth after a while. I sat on my bed as I looked at my balcony, in which the glass doors were open and the curtains flowed, due to it being a bit windy.

What caught my attention was the picture laying on my nightstand, which was of me and my mother. The both of us in a flower field, her sitting down with me in between her legs as she had her arms wrapped around me from behind. We were smiling, having a happy life.

I felt tears in my eyes once again as I caressed the picture before looking at the bright, full moon outside.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh, it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same, oh

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na
I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't

Oh, I hope you can hear me, 'cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same, oh

I've had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why (I keep asking why)
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

Now you're gone, now you're gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back

Now you're gone, now you're gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere, you're not coming back

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same, no

The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same, oh

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na
I miss you

I sighed, looking at the moon and stars. I stayed like that for a couple minutes before I heard a howl and went back inside my room. I shut the lights off and got into the bed, snuggling under the covers. I grabbed the picture of my mom and I, holding it close to my chest.

Soon enough, I was fast asleep.