Chapter 7: The Tip of The Iceberg

Zane's P.O.V.

After I put my leather jacket on, I tied my boots before getting my moonstone. I just finished another fun time with Heidi. As she lay passed out in the bed, I got up and made my way to the door. It was time for me to take my pack out on a hunt and then that was the last of my alpha duties for the day.

Tomorrow was the day that we hunt for the Great Alpha in Seabrook. The Rogue Pack will finally get the power it deserves and it can save everyone in it. We've lost many pups and elders since the damn Lykensen Pack stole the moonstone from us. In return, they'll lose their alpha.

"Zane!" I heard Cameron's voice. I stopped before turning to look at him.

"Remember what you need to do. Capture the Great Alpha, bring her back, and only then, can we take her power to bring our pack to the top of the food chain. It will be even more when your heir is born." he explained.

"Yes, I know. That old mate of mine was useless and Heidi's the perfect solution to getting an heir with the Great Alpha's power. Nothing's happened yet, but at least she helps me out when things are too much for me to handle." I replied.

He grimaced in disgust.

"I don't even want to know about your little girlfriend or whatever she is. I don't even know why you bother with her because you're not the only one she's messing around with. I was pretty fond of Davina and did tell you to be patient with her. Anyway, I wanted to inform you that tomorrow, you guys leave at night and be careful. The zombies and the Lyksensen pack have formed an alliance with the humans. They've also added aliens to the bunch as well." he explained.

+++++++++++++++++

Veronica's P.O.V.

"Okay, Davina. Just relax. Take deep breaths." Winona instructed as I placed a hand on my new friend's back. 

Davina had gone into labor at least two hours ago and was rushed to the infirmary. We had been hanging out at the fire pit with some of the others until she announced that it was time to meet her child.

She was actually pregnant a lot longer than she initially thought, so it was definitely a surprise when she went into labor unexpectedly.

It was myself and Elder Waverly that were holding her hands while Willa was rubbing her back. All of us were supporting her through this birth. They had helped with the birth of previous pups in the past, so they were the best midwives in the pack. 

The red-haired girl was breathing heavily, tears streaming down her face.

"The baby's ready. I need you to start pushing." My aunt instructed.

The young redhead pushed and squeezed the living hell out of my hand as she groaned. I'm surprised that she wasn't screaming. Most of the she-wolves in the pack that already had their pups screamed like banshees. Then again, it's different for everyone.

"Push, Davina. You got this." I reassured her.

She did again as Waverly used a wet cloth to clean the sweat off of Davina's forehead. She kept a strong grip on my hand as she moaned and groaned in pain.

"I see the head. One more push, young one. Give me all you got." Winona said.

Davina took a deep breath before pushing, letting out a small scream before the baby came out, loud cries filling the den.

"Congratulations, sweetie! You have a beautiful little boy!" Elder Waverly beamed as my aunt gave my new friend her child.

The girl cried with a smile on her face as she looked down at her newborn pup. The baby cried as he was placed on her bare chest. "Shh, Mommy's here."