Chapter 2: Cheer Camp

Delilah's P.O.V.

I ran through the banner with the rest of the cheer team beside Bree and Addison. I smiled as I saw us being unified as one.

"Cheer camp! It's even more sparkly than I dreamed!" Bree exclaimed happily.

Hey, again. I'm Delilah and this is cheer camp. It's amazing and we're all a unified squad. Well, usually unified?

Addison and I went to the back where the rest of the cheer team was, standing next to each other.

Bucky, her cousin, made his entrance and showed off. He was also the cheer captain of the squad. I'm surprised I made it this long with him, but if it meant having to help my mind escape from the abuse I endured, it was worth it.

Bucky wasn't the nicest person, but since I was his cousin's best friend, he wasn't mean to me either.

He motioned everyone to be quiet and they did.

"You all heard the stories of bloodthirsty monsters who roam these woods feasting on innocent cheerleaders." he began.

The Aceys jumped out of nowhere and scared Bree and Bonzo, who hugged each other and let go, blushing and all. I shipped them so hard.

"Well, those stories are just silly make-believe. You better believe we're gonna break you down and build you back up into peppy little cheer machines. Like Lacey..." he started.

Lacey came in and did her entrance.

"Stacey," he continued. She did her entrance.

"And our most recent Acey, Jacey." he finished.

Jacey did his entrance and I have to say, I was impressed, so I clapped for him. He turned to shake hands with Bucky. "I'm Kevin."

Uh oh.

Bucky gave him a look. "Right when we change my name to Jacey. Which I love by the way." he started. He nodded before joining Bucky and the girls.

"Long live the Aceys!" Bucky announced.

Everyone cheered and clapped as I did numbly.

"You three lead the veterans. You're the A-team." he told his friends.

Bucky looked at us as we were handed green vests.

"Addison, Bree. You take the newbies. You're the uh...you're the Z-team."

I put on my green vest and stayed with my team.

"Zombies, this is obviously your first cheer camp. Now, I'm not anti-change, I'm just pro-keeping thigns the way they are because you don't mess with success. This week, the veterans and the newbies will compete for the Cheer Camp Cup to see who is more cheer-tastic. The veterans have always won the Cheer Camp Cup. Right Aceys?" he explained.

"Right!" they replied.

"We'll see about that." I challenged. Addison chuckled and high-fived me.

"To the cheer course!" Bucky shouted before everyone began going.

"Watch and learn, Snowball. You too, emo freak." Lacey remarked.

I growled as Addison held me back. "They're not worth it."

I smiled at her as she touched the strands of my wig. Only she knew about my true hair color and she promised to never tell anybody. Addison always tells me to embrace my true self, but she doesn't know about the hell I go through at home and my hair causes.

Maybe one day she'll understand.

"Let's show them that we got this!" Addison encouraged them.

We cheered and ran to the cheer course, getting squad up and our pom-poms ready.