Chapter 16: Confrontations + A Nightly Visitor

Delilah's P.O.V.

I smiled as I looked at how I was almost transformed into a wolf. My hair in a wild, yet beautiful style and an outfit that represented their culture and lifestyle. It felt right. As if I was meant to be like this.

All the wolves howled, making me do the same. I looked and saw my mates all looking at me with admiration, love and joy before howling with me.

"Delilah!"

I turned and saw Zed running towards me and I could see my friends all here. "Zed!" I shouted as he came over and stood in front of me in a protective stance.

"Don't make me take this off, you don't want to see me zombie out!" he warned. The wolves began snarling before his Z-band flew off and he went into zombie mode.

I gasped as I ran to search for the Z-band.

"Wolves!" Willa shouted.

They all snarled and growled at him, ready to attack. I finally got the Z-band and looked up, only to see him toss one of the wolves with his zombie strength.

I got up and ran to him. "No, stop!"

When I got to him, I placed the Z-band back on his wrist and he reverted back to normal.

"Zed, I want to be here." I told him.

"What?" he asked in confusion.

"But, you disappeared and we couldn't find you!" Bree exclaimed.

"I left a note on Addison's door, did she not see it?" I asked.

Both of their faces burned with embarrassment as they realized what I was talking about. "Oh."

I turned to look at Zed. "They think I may be a werewolf too."

"What? How?" he asked.

"Maybe a grandparent. Or even my mother! My hair means something. This could be my pack." I explained.

My mates walked up to where we were and I noticed Willa had something in her hands.

"For centuries, this has been set aside for the Great Alpha." she explained, opening the box and revealing a beautiful moonstone necklace.

"A fully-charged moonstone is priceless to us, Delilah." Wyatt added.

"If you're truly one of us, when you put it on, you will be transformed into werewolf. Part of our pack. Forever." his sister informed, looking at me with hope and love.

"What? No! Wait." Zed told me.

I rolled my eyes. What was his problem? Does he not realize that I have a chance to feel like I belonged somewhere for the first time in the past 10 years?

"Can I think about it?" I asked.

My mates looked at each other and had a mental discussion before Willa looked at me. "For a day."

I took the box from her.

"Once you've joined us, you will lead us tot he hidden moonstone." Wyatt explained.

"But, she doesn't know where it is." Wynter added.

Suddenly, the den started to shake. I caught my balance before we went off to see where it was coming from.

I looked and saw lights coming from Seabrook Power. Bonzo said something in zombie.

"Yeah. The explosion came from Seabrook Power." Zed agreed.

"They must be testing charges for the demolition tomorrow." Addison said.

"Seabrook Power is the birthplace of zombies." Eliza said.