Chapter 1: The Vengeful One

Unknown's P.O.V.

I growled as I clenched my fists, looking out at this sinkhole of The Forbidden Forest. Nothing but darkness and gray skies, barely any food around, and just a prison.

Curse the Lykensen pack. They got the Great Alpha instead of us?! It's always about them!

Not to mention those useless traitors I called my friends. I can't believe I wanted that so-called friend of mine as my Beta. I'm so glad I don't have to have that little bitch as my alpha female.

Pathetic cowards. They are just dead to me.

"Alpha."

I turned and saw a young were-pup named Violet. I walked over to her and bent down to her level. "Hello, little one. What is it?"

"Why do you hate the other pack? Are you sure you're doing something right?" she asked.

I placed a hand on her head and smiled. "You'll understand when you're older, little one. Why don't you go play with you siblings?"

She turned and ran off inside the den to go join the other were-pups. I looked at the horizon until I felt a pair of lips kiss my neck. I groaned as I turned around.

"What's wrong, baby?" I turned and saw Heidi, a pack member that was the perfect distraction to everything.

"I'm not in the mood right now." I explained.

"We'll get our vengeance soon, baby. Why don't you come inside and I can help you feel better?" she whispered huskily.

I growled before I pushed her against a tree and began kissing her neck. She was not my mate, but at least she helped me relive stress and was fun to have around.

+++++++++++++++++++++

"You needed me?" I asked as I walked into his lair.

"Yes, my protege. I have a mission for you and your friends." he explained.

I stood before him as he looked through his books and stuff. "Does this have to do with the Great Alpha?"

"It does, son. Our pack needs a heir. We need the Great Alpha's bloodline in this pack because only her blood can save us. Not only that, but the moonstone is ours." he explained.

He turned to look at me and his face was very serious as his eyes glowed red with his moonstone.

"You, Carson, Weston, Heidi, Killior, and Nettie are going to go to Seabrook and search for the Great Alpha. Bring her to us and don't fail me. If you fail, you'll lose your alpha position."

I nodded my head. "I'll do whatever it takes. I will get revenge for our members we lost in the war years ago. We will get our revenge because you can count on me."

"I'm counting on it, Zane." he replied. "You leave tomorrow night. Tell your friends to get ready because this is something we can't fail."

I eyed him with a deadly smirk on my face.

"I will be a great alpha, Elder Cameron. I'll make that little alpha mine once I capture her."

I walked off and ended up outside of the den as I growled, my eyes glowing red as well as my moonstone.

Zane: He is observing the chaos, taking in the lack of raw humanity
It's as if the entire world's fallen in love with their insanity

Hear the innocent voices scream
As their tormentors laugh through all of it
No forgiveness from all I've seen
The degradation I cannot forget

So sleep soundly in your beds tonight
For judgement falls upon you at first lightI'm the hand of God
I'm the dark messiah
I'm the vengeful one
(Look inside and see what you're becoming)
In the blackest moment of a dying world
What have you become
(Look inside and see what you're becoming)

As the violence surges
And the teeming masses have been terrorized

The human predators all gone mad
Are reaping profits born from their demise

The rabid media plays their roles
Stoking the flames of war to no surprise

Only too eager to sell their souls
For the apocalypse must be televised

So sleep soundly in your beds tonight
For judgement falls upon you at first lightI'm the hand of God
I'm the dark messiah
I'm the vengeful one
(Look inside and see what you're becoming)
In the blackest moment of a dying world
What have you become
(Look inside and see what you're becoming)

When you die
You'll know why
For you cannot be saved
With all the world enslaved
When you die
You'll know why

You'll die
You'll know why
For you cannot be saved
This world is too depraved
When you die
You'll know why

I'm the hand of God
I'm the dark messiah
I'm the vengeful one
(Look inside and see what you're becoming)
In the blackest moment of a dying world
What have you become
(Look inside and see what you're becoming)

I'm the hand of God
I'm the dark messiah
I'm the vengeful one
(Look inside and see what you're becoming)
In the blackest moment of a dying world
What have you become
(Look inside and see what you're becoming)

I growled as I saw the full moon shining, giving this dark and gloomy forest a little bit of light. Nothing is going to stop me from proving myself to be a powerful alpha. I'll save my pack and get rid of the pathetic Lykensen pack. I'll get rid of those traitors.

And nothing will stop me.