𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿?

Start from the beginning

                 I think she realized I was a little upset, so she dumped some more butter on my scones. I love Penny, don't know what I'd do without her, and I don't have to say it cuz she glances at me and smiles back.

                The large oak doors of the dining hall are suddenly thrown open. I feel a fiery, familiar magick's intangible flames trickle around me, his magick. Baz saunters in with a feline smirk on his lips. Way to make an entrance. . . I feel a smile play on my own lips. Baz catches my eye and his eyes sparkle silver, until he sees Agatha next to me.

                 He quickly looks away, his smirk only faltering for half a second and he's already near his friends.

                 My face falls, then I notice his hair. They're two inches shorter! Instead of falling to his shoulders or being in a slicked back state; he's prolly magicked them to reach only two inches past his chin.Today Baz's dark, silky hair forms gentle waves around his face instead. The same way it did last night. . .

                 Niall smirks mischievously and reaches up, snaking an arm around Baz's waist. I don't miss the teasing words that come out of Baz's mouth as Niall slips a finger through his belt loops, pulling Baz in! What in Merlin's name?!

                 And I'm not the only one staring as Baz playfully shoves Niall away. I wish it wasn't so playful. . . but then I realize that every single mage in the Hall has left their breakfast to stare at Baz's haircut and gossip about him. A group of fourth year girls squeal, "Crowley, did you see Basilton's hair! He looks even hotter than he did yesterday!!" giggling.

                 I feel so strange now. And it's not just the fourth years. . . a Mage (who I think is part of the Old Families) from seventh year is checking Baz out shamelessly! And when Baz smirks at the older boy, he kisses—kisses—Baz's cheek with too much tenderness for them to be strangers, and pulls a squirming Baz onto his lap, a scowl tugs at my mouth. My stomach's churning as I watch Baz laugh and pull out of the older boy's embrace. Silver eyes catch mine for a second and I almost growl.

                 Agatha's staring at him too, more like, swooning with this unusual glint in her eyes. That gorgeous wanker. He gets so much attention just for cutting his hair. . .

                 It never occurred to me that while I thought he was off plotting, everyone else thought he was attractive, talented and untouchable. I don't know why I'm mad at him, I s'pose I'm only upset at the distance between us, but then I'm quickly ashamed. I shouldn't long for his attention like that. . . I have a girlfriend.

                 Too dejected to even eat, I get up and leave, ignoring Penny and Agatha. Apparently, I didn't notice Baz leave the hall right before me cuz the second I exit, I bump into a strong, lean figure's shoulder blades. He whips around revealing those smoky grey eyes, and my heart halts for a second. . . Crowley, he's so beautiful. I want him to be my happily ever after.

                  I quickly step away, ashamed and he just looks down at me with a blank expression. I wish I could tell what he was thinking. . .

                  "You didn't keep your distance last night." He says blandly. I guess there's no need to wish. I stay quiet. Blatantly refusing my commands, my jaw stays shut. I look up at him, hoping my eyes can convey my guilt.

                  "Alright then, Snow," he whispers, looking away. As if he's scared of what he'll find in my eyes, so I take his hand, surprising him enough to let me lead him. We have class. . . I don't know what I'm doing. I decide against our room and instead drag him to Politickal Sciences.

                    Standing right outside, we stare at our intertwined fingers, the sunlight catching Baz's silver eyes bringing out the light green and blue swirling amidst the grey. Quickly looking away, we enter class, and he sits in his usual spot, a couple feet ahead of me.

                   Apart from staring at his gorgeous head, I turn slightly to my right, face to face with Penny's glittery, blue hair. Scrawling on a small piece of paper I just tore from my notebook, I toss a note to Penny, telling her we need to talk.

                   " About what?" She mouths.

                   "Baz," I whisper, surprisingly Baz looks at me just then. Oh, his vampire senses, he heard me. . . I quickly look away, back to Penny who rolls her eyes as if she thinks I'm just gonna tell her another plotting story.

                    She opens the note, 'Pen, something happened last night, I wanted to tell you at breakfast but then Aggie was there. Umm. . . Penny. We'll meet up in the Weeping Tower? Or actually, drop by my room. I just hope Baz isn't there when you are, I swear to Merlin, I'm not gonna talk about plotting.'