Chapter 40

"Would you like to go out to dinner before we head home?" Lance asks, opening the car door for Keith.

"You've done enough for today," Keith gets into the car with a smile, "I'm fine with just going home."

"I insist," Lance says, sitting on the seat next to Keith, "You got me a hella expensive watch and what did I get you?"

Keith responds as Lance shuts the car door, "A bunch of hella expensive accessories," He takes the bags out of Lance's hands puts them on the floor of the vehicle, "Besides, can't we just make something at home?"

Lance groans, "I don't wanna..."

Keith rolls his eyes, "Fine, but let's please try to not get into another food fight, because I don't think either of us would like to pay for that bill ever again."

"Alright, alright," Lance knocks on the window in front of them, separating them from the driver. The driver cracks the window for Lance to speak, "Hey, can you take us to," He pauses to think for a moment before thinking of the place his parents went for their anniversary last year, "Il Cielo?"

The driver nods and rolls the window up as he takes off. 

Lance leans back against the faux leather seats in the car and looks to Keith who is on his phone. He makes an unpleasant face seeing his lover on the device again but doesn't protest. Instead, he does the worse possible thing someone could do to someone who is on their phone; try to sneak a peak. Lance does this action in the least subtle way possible, leaning his head on Keith's shoulder. Keith doesn't think anything of it and switches to Instagram only to see the 999+ in the activity tab. He clicks it to see the usual from the past few days of people asking him a million questions because of his stupid comment he made on that edit from a week ago.

Keith shuts his phone off and sets it on his lap, "So, what are we gonna do without a reservation? Act like commoners?"

"I got it covered," Lance says, sitting up straight.

"Oh, do you?" Keith questions, skeptical.

"All we gotta do is bribe them to get private seats," Lance replies.

"And how are you gonna do that?" Keith asks, "'Cause I didn't see any cash in that wallet, only a card."

"Pay them triple upfront, on top of the regular payment."

"If that doesn't work?"

"Then I'll give out autographs or promote the restaurant or something," Lance explains, "We're in LA, people need that extra money and the publicity to get somewhere."

~~~~~

The pair walk into the restaurant and are treated by a young lady who looks to be in her early 20s. She smiles brightly, "How many?"

"Two," Lance answers.

"Alright," She marks the seating arrangement board behind her counter, and grabs two menus, "If you would follow me-"

"Excuse me," Lance takes off his sunglasses, "Would it be okay if we have the private room?"

The woman pauses, confused, "I'm sorry, sir, but those are for reservations only."

"Is there a free one?"

"I-" She steps back to the counter and looks at the board, "There is one, but as I said, you need a reservation."

Lance puts on his famous smile, "What if I paid you double, no, triple of what the reservation cost is? Would that change anything?"

The lady looks up at him skeptical and sets the menus down, "I'm sorry but I don't think I can accept that."

"I could promote the restaurant on my page,"

"You're page?"

Lance's smile brightens as he pulls up his Instagram, "I don't know if you heard of me but I'm kind of a big deal around here."

She glances at his page, "Loverboy Lance?"

"Yep."

In the back of Lance's brain, he is praying that this works 'cause he has nothing left up his sleeve. He's already offered the rest of his remaining paycheck.

The lady steps away from her counter and looks towards the back, "Let me speak to the manager about this."

Keith almost laughs at this failed attempt as Lance anxiously watches the young woman walk away. He puts his hand on the taller man's shoulder, a mischievous smile on his face, "What was that about people needing extra money and publicity to get somewhere?"

Lance shakes the Korean's hand off his shoulder, "I thought it would work."

Keith laughs and takes Lance's hand, "You tried at least."

"Let's just hope we don't get kicked out."

Keith looks down the aisle of seating to find the manager and lady hurrying to the front, "I don't think you'll have to worry about it."

"What?"

Keith motions to the two women approaching them, "Look."

The manager stops right in front of the couple, brightest smile ever to be seen on her face, "I heard that you requested a private room?"

"Uh-" Lance tries to speak but is in pure shock. So, Keith takes over.

"Yes, but we forgot to place a reservation. We were wondering if we could possibly promote the restaurant and maybe pay you guys extra for the room?"

"We will gladly accept the promotion!" The manager almost shouts, "I wish to see a younger crowd come here."

"Well then, we're your guys!" Lance finally says, snapping out of his daze, throwing an arm around Keith's shoulders.

The manager thanks them for the promotion before grabbing the menus and leading them to the private rooms. She chats them up about the promotion, "So, what were you thinking with the promotion?"

Keith and Lance exchange looks before the taller man speaks up, "Uhm, we don't really have a proper camera but I think a picture and nice caption on social media would suffice for a good promotion."

The manager places the menus down on the table and lets the pair sit down in their seats before nodding, "That sounds great!"

"Also, I will pay double for the trouble of all of this," Lance adds.

"Oh, there's no need!"

"I insist."

The woman completely ignores Lance's statement and continues on with what every server would say, "Your server will be with you in a few minutes."

The manager leaves the pair alone which leads to Keith asking, more like stating, "You're still going to find a way to pay double aren't you?"

Lance looks at him like that's even a question, "Oh, of course."