Chapter 21

"And the next round's category is... Love songs!"

The crowd goes wild as the teams regroup. As the groups discuss their plans Pidge and Hunk slip through the crowd and over to Lance and Keith. Pidge slaps Keith on the back, "You two are killing it!"

Hunk offers the pair a small yet reassuring smile, "Yeah, I'm honestly a little shook."

Pidge smiles, "Oh yeah, Hunk was literally shaking. He for sure thought that G5 was gonna win last round but then you," She motions towards Keith, "Came outta nowhere and just killed it."

"Shame on Hunk for doubting my amazing boyfriend!" Lance says, throwing his arm around Keith.

"Alright, alright... We need to focus." Keith explains, "We need to show G5 who's the boss of this industry!"

Pidge and Lance shout, "Hell yeah!", and receive a few judgemental glances. 

Hunk asks, "So what's the plan?"

Lance and Keith exchange looks before Keith continues, "I was thinking, you two should join us for this round to even out the playing field."

Simultaneously Pidge shouts, "Really?" as Hunk squeaks, "What?!"

Hunk shakes his head, "No, no, no! I'm Lance's manager. I do not-"

Lance interrupts him, "Come on buddy! It'll be fun! If you don't wanna jump in and sing you can just do the beats."

"No way! Nope!"

Pidge jabs Hunk in the side, "Don't wuss out on us, Hunk!"

The trio earns a compliant groan from Hunk, "Fine... But I'm not singing!"

Lance throws his other arm around Hunk, "Fine by me! Now let's show them what we're made of!"

The DJ speaks just in time, "You all ready?!" 

Lotor notices the two new players on his ex's team and smirks, "Oh this should be good.."

The DJ continues over the crowd's cheers as he notices Pidge and Hunk, "Well look at that, Akira brought backup!"

Ezor smiles and grabs the crowd's attention, "I think our friend, Akira is getting scared! Having to bring in reinforcements!"

Keith chuckles, "Oh, far from the truth!"

The DJ interrupts them, "Alright, save the fighting for the music! Speaking of music, Akira, your groups' up first!"

Keith nods and hands the mic over to Lance, "Make them fear you."

Lance nods, "Got it," then continues on with the riff off, "Is it cool that I said all that? Is it chill that you're in my head? 'Cause I know that it's delicate. Is it cool that I said all that? Is it too soon to do this yet? 'Cause I know that it's delicate. Isn't it, Isn't it, Isn't it, Isn't it? Isn't it, Isn't it, Isn't it, Isn't it? Delicate. Third floor on the West Side, me and you-"

"You don't judge me. 'Cause if you did, baby, I would judge you too. No, you don't judge me. 'Cause if you did, baby, I would judge you too," Ezor sings.

Axca and Lotor once again join in, "'Cause I got issues, but you got 'em too. So give 'em all to me and I'll give mine to you. Bask in the glory of all our problems. 'Cause we got the kind of love it takes to solve 'em." 

Ezor lets Lotor take over, "Yeah, I got issues and one of them is how bad I need you."

"You were the someone waiting for me. 'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love. Not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time." Keith cuts Lotor off, "But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own, and in your eyes, you're holding mine. Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath. But you heard it, darling, you-"