Chapter 39 {Part 2}

"I can hold my hold my own bags, Lance," Keith protests, reaching for the bags in Lance's hand.

Lance avoids Keith snatching the bags, "What did I say earlier? Don't draw attention to us."

Keith scowls, crossing his arms over his chest, "Fine."

Lance rolls his eyes, "Don't be upset, baby."

Keith is taken back by the pet name but shakes away the thought, "Where are we going now?"

"Chanel."

"Isn't that like, a girl's store?"

Lance looks insulted, "No! Well kinda- Alright, it's mainly marketed towards but they got really nice sparkly jewelry, and I saw this hair clip online that I wanna see on you."

Keith looks at Lance confused, "A hair clip?"

"Yes."

"Is that the main reason we came here today? A sparkly hair clip?"

"No," Lance playfully shoves Keith, "I wanted to get you out of the house and not into a recording studio. I just wanna have a fun day with you... But I do really wanna get that hair clip for you."

Keith laughs lightly, "Alright, babe."

The pair walk into Chanel and immediately go for accessories once again. Lance spots the barrette on a display stand and gets Keith's attention.

"That's the one?"

"That's the one."

"It is sparkly," Keith remarks, "And are those stars?"

"Yep," Lance smiles, "Sooooo... Do you like it?"

"It's kinda girly-"

Lance lightly slaps Keith's arm with the back of his hand as the other begins to laugh, "Oh hush, I think it'd look good on you."

Keith smiles, "Well then get it."

"No protest?" 

"Nope," Keith softens up a bit, "I think it's nice."

"Do you think Pidge will let you wear it on stage for the tour?"

"She better."

~~~~~

After buying at least $5,000 worth of clothing and accessories, mainly for Keith, the couple head to their last stop, Rolex. Keith is all types of confused as to why out of all places this was one of them that the two step foot into.

"You gonna get me a watch now?" Keith questions.

"Maybe."

"Lance, you have spent over $5,000 on me today, I think that's enough."

"Can we at least look?"

Keith sighs, "Fine... But this is the last stop, I wanna go home."

Lance smiles and leads Keith over to the display. They chat for a few minutes about the overpriced time telling devices before a sales associate butts in.

"How are you two gentlemen doing on this fine evening?"

"We're doing good, what about you?" Lance replies.

"I'm great," The salesman smiles, "I see that you may be interested in one of our watches?"

"Um-"

Lance returns the same energy, "We're still looking but we might consider getting one."

"Well, we just got new varients in stock. Would you like to see?"

Lance exchanges a look with Keith who nods in approval before continuing, "Uh, sure."

The man leads them over to another display case and shows them the newer watches. He starts from cheapest to most expensive, and of course, one of the most expensive watches caught both Lance's and Keith's eyes. The salesman notices this and brings it out of the display case and begins sealing the deal.

"This is the Cellini Moonphase model. It's 39 mm, 18 ct Everose gold, with a polished finish."

Keith sees that Lance is intrigued, but still isn't sure. Not wanting his dumb boyfriend to fall for the trap of another sales associate today, Keith asks, "How much?"

"$26,750."

Lance visibly cringed at the price along with his already aching credit card, "Wow. Um-"

"It's made with tobacco leather, has a domed sapphire crystal, and is waterproof."

"One moment sir," Keith pulls his lover aside, "I can tell that you want that watch."

"But that price."

Keith pulls out his wallet which Lance immediately protests about, knowing exactly what he's thinking, "You are NOT getting that for me. It is WAY too expensive."

"And a 1.2k chain for my pants isn't expensive whatsoever."

Lance looks down, "Okay, you have a point, but still. I don't need that watch."

"I didn't need the Chanel hairclip, Gucci purse, Louis Vuitton bag, Balenciaga chain, or the two necklaces and a bracelet from Saint Laurent but here I am with all that."

"Okay, but like, that wasn't 26 grand."

"I get that, but," Keith tries to explain, "You spoiled me all day, let me get you one thing."

"No."

"Lance, you are acting like me right now..."

"What do you mean?"

"I protested at Saint Laurent this afternoon 'cause I thought everything was too expensive and I didn't want you to spend all your money on me."

"But isn't that what I'm supposed to do? Spend all my money on you?"

"Not exactly," Keith pauses, "Fuck, you're distracting me."

"Good, 'cause I don't need that watch."

"Well, you see I don't care. I'm getting you that watch."

"Keith, come on."

"Nope, enough back and forth. Just accept that you lost this battle."

"I'm not accepting shit."

Keith bites the corner of his lip, wanting to argue more but opts not to and turns back to the worker, "Sorry about that."

"Oh no! You're fine! Believe it or not, that's a frequent occurrence here."

"Really?"

"Oh yes. Couples get into full blown arguments over an overpriced watch, spoiled teens yell at their parents, demanding to have a watch they probably will never wear. Oh, it's a mess sometimes."

Keith being the awkward person he is, replies with, "Sounds fun?"

The salesman laughs and asks, "Did you two come to a decision?"

Keith nods, "As much as there was a protest, it's a yes."

"That's great!"

After 20 minutes of making sure the sizing was right with so many complaints from Lance the pair finally left Rodeo drive with a handful of bags.

"You really didn't even have to get me the watch, Keith," Lance huffs out as the pain wait for the car to pull up.

Keith glares, "If you don't shut up about that damn watch I will personally return all my things and this will be a wasted trip."

Lance lets out a small angry noise then falls silent, not wanting to escalate the situation.
After a moment of silence Keith sighs happily, "Thanks for getting me out of the house. I really needed to fresh air."

"You needed fun."

"Hardy-har," The raven-haired man smiles, "I think I just needed the air."

"Air is all around us through," Lance teases.

"Shut up."