TWENTY SEVEN

A long chapter!
I might have merged two chapters in here. Lol.

Dwayne was spinning Domm around and she was laughing adorably. I just sat staring at them. He had a way with Domm,always making her laugh when her own father had made her scream like a fucking banshee when he visited. He had begged me to allow his visit but I had declined.

Dwayne and I were watching  the stand up comedian show channel when the doorbell sounded and he answered it.

"Hi" I heard Jamil's voice and I stood up abruptly.

"Let me" I said to Dwayne who nodded and I pecked him. Jamil almost turned red.

"I thought I asked you not to come" I said as lowly as possible and he snapped.

"Who was that?"

I raised a brow and replied saucily. "My boyfriend".

He frowned and I turned him away from the door. I shut the door behind us and walked him back to his car.

"You can visit later but you'd have to text me first, okay?" I said and he nodded. Before I could say anything else, he reached out and kissed me lightly on the lips. My heart did a somersault and I went speechless, feeling transported back in time.

We stood staring at each other for a while and then I looked away. He got in his car and drove away.

Dwayne was on the porch waiting for me. "Who's that?" He asked and I pulled him into the house.

"A friend from school " I said and he frowned

"I'm sorry what's he doing here?" He questioned and I smiled. "He'd like to take me on a date but I don't want to. I have you" I snuggled up to him and he kissed my head.

His phone rang and he stood up to pick it. I was surprised when he went outside to receive the call.

I followed him sneakily and I could hear him talking.

Yea, I probably shouldn't be doing this but why would he come out of the house to talk to somebody.

"I'll be back soon, I'm doing this for us both you fool. Just be patient and I'll be back soon."

He stopped talking for awhile and then seethed "I didn't say I forgot, I'll ask her".

It didn't make sense to me so I went back to watch TV.

Minutes later, he came back and looked sad. I got worried instantly.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I got to go now... I need to go to the bank" He replied and made to stand up when I pulled him back.

"Tell me what's wrong" I demanded and he sighed.

"I'm going to the bank to see if I can get a loan" He revealed and I gasped.

"For what?!" I almost shrieked.

A loan?

"I need $20,000" he said and I hugged him. "I'll give it to you, don't worry about it" I consoled and his eyes lighted up. He pulled me close and kissed me deeply.

He was so excited. "I've got to go now" He kissed a sleeping Domm and I walked him to the car. He zoomed off into the evening and I went back into the house and called my account manager.

#

Jamil visited like he said he would and I didn't feel up to talking about the past so I just let him in and made muffins and we had them with a tumbler of orangeade.