TWENTY FOUR

I woke up feeling good that morning and I decided to prepare breakfast before Granny woke up.

I was setting the table when my phone rang and it was an unknown number.

Keith I thought before picking it.

"Hi" I said and got startled when a male voice answered me.

I couldn't place the voice even though it sounded so familiar,like I had heard it a thousand times.

"Who's this?" I asked and waved a greeting at Granny when she came in. Domm was still asleep.

"Promise you won't hang up when I tell you" He replied and I frowned. Why would I wanna hang up on anyone?? Only if it were.... Jamil!

"Jamil?" I asked, anger building in me.

"Please don't hang up Chris, I just need to talk to you" He pleaded and I snapped.

"We have nothing to talk about. End the call and never call me back ever again"

"Please Chris... Listen to me" He said and I blinked rapidly, stopping the tears.

"I want to see my daughter" I heard him beg before I literally blew up, screaming obscenities at him. I could hear him still begging when I hung up and sank to the ground,crying heavily.

I felt Granny soft hands pull me into her warm embrace and I held onto her, still crying.

My phone beeped repeatedly and I knew they were texts from Jamil. About time I blocked him!

She helped me up and I sat on a chair, sniffing repeatedly.

"Does he think he can just sneak back into my life? He left me when I needed him the most. Now, he's back and he says he wants to see his daughter. He told me he didn't care.. That he didn't want a child. He told me to abort her!" I explained to Granny who obviously knew about us already.

"Calm down" Granny hugged me warmly and I sobbed into her embrace.

With all of my heart, I wished Jamil would forget about us, I didn't want Domm to ever meet him. I hated him so damn much!.

I looked up to see Domm crawling into the kitchen. I snatched her up, smiling and cuddled her possessively.

"No one's ever gonna take you away from me." I mumbled lowly and she laid her head on my chest,still looking sleepy.

Granny forced me to eat and later in my room, I mustered enough courage to read Jamil's texts.

One read:

I deserve whatever names you call me cause I'm probably the worse human on earth and you most definitely hate me now. I don't know how else to say that I'm sorry. I juts want another chance to make things right. I want to see her,please let me come see her.
Please Christa.

I scoffed and replied

Your baby is dead,I aborted her. Domm is mine and you're never gonna see her. You didn't want her to start with and you can't just waltz back in my life and claim her.
Stay the fuck away from us and stop calling me.

I threw my phone on the bed and sighed, closing my eyes to ease the banging in my head when my phone beeped again.

I grabbed it and sure enough, it was Jamil.

Domm is such a beautiful name. Thanks for taking great care of her. I don't wanna make you angry so I'll stop calling you and text instead. I'm sorry Chris,i just wish you could let me visit once and see her.
I was scared then and pretty stupid too. I wanted her and I still do. Please let me come see her just once. I want to make things right.
I still love you.

Tears clouded my eyes as I furiously typed back.

Don't ever repeat that you love me, you pathetic slimebag. Go to hell and stop texting me. Domm is fine without you. We don't need you and we never will. You're dead to us!

I pressed send and cried into the pillow,feeling sorry for myself. I had no idea when I slept off.

                           * * * * * * * *

I woke up when a little hand slapped into my face, violently startling me.

"Domm?!"i whined and pulled her to my chest, nuzzling at her neck. She giggled. I stayed in bed with her for a long time, playing with her. I pushed her backwards and she would get up, waiting eagerly for me to push her again and when I did,she screeched deliriously. She was having so much fun and so was I. I hadn't laughed that much in days.

Famished, I left Domm in the room and went to the kitchen. I grabbed the sandwiches I saw in the plates and went back.
I almost screamed when I saw Domm by the dresser, throwing every bottle her hand touched to the floor, breaking them.

"Domm!" I yelled and she laughed. "No!, this isn't funny calamity crow" I eyed her and picked her up. Stepping gingerly to avoid the broken shards of glass on the ground,i crossed to the other side of the room and took the broom. I swept it all into the wastebasket and settled to watch Wreck-it-Ralph for the millionth time.

Domm sucked on her bottle and fell asleep soon enough.

I remembered with a jolt that I had fallen asleep soon after replying Jamil's texts and hadn't checked back for another text from him.

There was two from him and one from Dom. I clicked his first and it was mostly an apology text. The other one said he wanted to visit really badly and would do anything to see his daughter. I hissed irritably and clicked Dom's.

He was just checking up on us. I smile and texted back.

Bored, I decided to read.

I would have called Dwayne but I wasn't so sure about him anymore. I didn't want to be added to the list alongside Anne and Selena.

After studying for a long time, i went on the gram and uploaded cute pictures of Domm and I.

Hours after Domm woke up, we made dinner with Granny and ate,watching TV.

Granny asked about Dwayne and I told her about what had happened when I visited. She grinned and said Dwayne didn't sound like a real one anymore. I agreed and we watched TV  till late in the night.

                   * * * * * * * * * * *

A week after series of text battles with Jamil, I decided to block him. I was sick of his pleas and I honestly wanted to move on with my life, our lives for the sake of Domm and I.

It was a weekend so after Granny and I cleaned the apartment, she wrote a list of the groceries we needed and after lunch, I went to the mall. On my way home, I stopped by a baby store and checked out new dresses for Domm's seven months photoshoot. I picked out four dresses with matching shoes and some new toys for her and paid.

Done with shopping, I made for my car. I was about to get in when I felt a strong pair of hand grab me. I tried to reach for the tazer in my bag when the assailant knocked away my bag and I heard it clatter off somewhere. I struggled before a piece of cloth was forced over my nose. It smelled of terrible chemicals fumes and I felt my legs give way before darkness set in.

The last thought on my mind was Jamil's.

Hello guys, we're near the end of this part and I'm super excited to start Crossroads 2!

Please vote after reading ❤️

Love_Crowner.