EIGHT

The rustle behind the window woke me up the next morning... I got out of bed and opened it.
"Fuck" I screamed as soon as I opened. Jamil was there, his right hand fisted to knock.

"Damn, I scared you that much?" he asked and I moved away from the window,giving him room to jump in.

"My Gran could come in any minute so........"i stopped and stared at him.

" I came to say I'm sorry about last night "he said and my heart banged against my rib cage.. I didn't just feel hurt, It felt like the ultimate rejection.

I need Dom

" I.... It's okay.. We were... Uhh... I think I was sleep walking or something "I forced a giggle trying to make light of it.

I desperately wanted him out of my room so I could cry in peace...

" it's okay"I repeated and gestured towards the window. He got the message cause he nodded and scaled out.

"Bye" he said and I nodded, the tears threatening to burst out

What the fuck is going on with you Chris???

I sank to the floor and cried quietly, my face between my palms.

Sporadic knocks at the door drew me up and I opened the door. It was Chan!

"Master has been asking about you all morning... Come say hi to him.
He can't walk.. The cold, it got in his bones and he says they're heavy" He explained in seconds and I followed him to Gran's quarters.

Gran was on the bed, sleeping quietly.

I kissed the top of his head and he opened his eyes.

"I'm fine Christa, it's just the cold" He assured and palmed my face gently. I nodded.

"I'll bring you breakfast" I ventured and he interrupted "I already had some food."

I looked on my phone screen and 9:30am winked back at me.
I had slept in too late. I hugged Gran and went back to my room.

There, I took my bathe and wore a thick hoodie and jeans with a pair of socks.

"Don't need him" I muttered absentmindedly startling when my phone rang and it was a whatsapp call from Sean.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!

I squeezed my eyes shut.... I exhaled sharply before swiping left, answering the call.

"Chris?" He breathed and I laughed half heartedly.
"How have you been?" I greeted.
"Good.. Hanging in" He replied and I nodded as though he could see me.

After some minutes of awkward silence, we hung up and I went to have breakfast during which I avoided eye contact with Jamil.

I was walking back to my room when I felt a strong hand pull me into a corner. I shrieked and his hand came over my mouth.

I jabbed my elbow into his stomach and he released me, doubling over.

I was about to pounce on him when I realized who it was.

"Jamil?!.. I didn't know it was you".. I said reaching out to hold his arm..
"I thought I was being kidnapped or something... I'm so sorry" I said meekly..

He looked up at me and instead of anger, laughter was in his eyes..

"Wow.. Ninja!" He taunted, making me laugh.

"I'm sorry" I repeated and he nodded,pumping my shoulders..

He led the way into the garden and i followed... We stopped under a large berry tree whose branches shaded the   stone molded benches under it.. Even in daylight, it was dark.

We found a spot and sat down. We were quiet for a while and before I knew it, we were talking about our families.

His mom was an Officer and his dad was a fire fighter.. Two dangerous jobs to choose.. He had a sister and her name 'Crystal' so obviously that's what drew him to me at first..

I told him about dad, Rick, Mom, Jannie and Yea, Dom