THIRTEEN

Dom's cellphone gave a final dial tone and went dead on the other end.
I sighed and rolled my eyes, irritated.

Why wouldn't he just pick up?

Stretching out on the bed, I closed my eyes and thought about yesterday. It had been my birthday and I had had a lot of fun.
Jamil had given me a blue Gucci leather jacket and my eyes crossed over to it, hanging on my dresser right now.

I looked at the wall clock and it read 9:16. In thirty minutes, the martial training would start. I was beginning to get a hang of it.

Yesterday, a girl and I had had a face off in the student's quarters over how she maltreated Chan. She hadn't been apologetic about it and now, I really hoped I would get paired with her in the upcoming show of talent so I could teach her the lesson of her fucking life.

I was still thinking about diverse things when I heard a knock at the door. When I opened, it was Chan.

I grinned at him.

"Teacher wants you downstairs" he said briefly and left.

By teacher, he meant Gran.

I changed into the training clothes and headed for the pavilion.

                        * * * * * * * *

I was sweating profusely by the time we were done so I went to shower immediately. Jamil and I had maintained appearances for Gran's sake but Elle, the girl I had quarreled with yesterday, took the cue to flirt with him. Constantly giggling to get his attention and glancing coyly at his area.. Its a miracle how I hadn't leaped at her and tumble down the hill. All through the training, I frowned but stupid Jamil didn't even notice that.

I hissed and jammed the sponge on my arm, scrubbing thoroughly.

I felt tears burn the back of my eyes and I blinked them back.

I'm not weak!

When I was done, I stayed in my room and watched movies... I didn't even bother to go for the second round of the training. Elle could flirt with him all she wanted. I didn't care.

I actually do but...

A knock at the window interrupted my thoughts and I frowned.

What do you want?

I skipped over to the window and opened it. Jamil's smiling face greeted me. I stifled the urge to roll my eyes.

"Hey" he breathed.

I sat back on the bed and ignored him. "Babe" he prodded and swept my DIY locs back from my face. I slapped his hands aside.

"Whatsup??" He chuckled, tickling me. I shoved him aside and he pulled me back into the crook of his arms.

"Why are you mad at me?" he kissed my cheeks and my anger subsided by a percent.

"She was flirting with you and you knew it." I pouted.

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice" he defended and I frowned.

"Yes you did" I snapped and he sighed resignedly.

"I'm sorry darling" he resolved and kissed me on the cheek.

"You tell her to stay away, okay?" I said and he gave a mock salute.

I smiled and rolled over hugging him tight as he laughed boyishly

                     * * * * * * * * *
The next weeks were agog with the impending celebrations. I practiced for the tournament with Jamil by the pool and cause it was just us there.. We kissed half the time. I barely learned something new.