FIVE

In my room, I laid on the bed and watched a movie on my laptop.
"sinister" when I heard a rustle behind the window. I had shut it when the air got chilly.
I got up and walked gingerly to the window. I creaked it open and look out to see Li taking off his shirt to take a plunge in the pool.
My mouth parted slightly at the sight of his chest.. He was masculine in every way. He moved closer to the pool flexing his muscles and an awwwwn escaped me. He turned in my direction and I pulled the window close, exhaling sharply. I turned and Gran's gaze met mine. "Fuck!" I literally screamed. My heart jumping a thousand beats as I stared at Gran cold face.

"Change into a more suitable dress, let's take a look around the temple" he said quietly and I obliged. As I dressed, I wondered if he was going to berate me later for ogling at Li.

Done, I walked out the door and walked slowly with Gran on the long corridors. Monks bowed as soon as they walk past us.
"Why can't they just go their way?" I grudged, now tired of bowing in response.

"It's not characteristic of his type to fall in love" Gran uttered and I shrugged my shoulders, pretending I didn't know he was talking about Li.

"That's sad" I replied, keeping a straight face.

We were making our way back from Grandmom's statue when I saw Li in distance and I decided to seize the opportunity." I don't know why I want to talk to you so bad, Mr Li". I thought as he stood distant away talking to another student.

"I'd like to see the waterfall now, Gran" I said as Li got closer and he nodded. "Li will take you" He added as soon as Li got within earshot.

He simply bowed and turned,leading the way walking faster than I could keep up with.
I tried though, walking twice as fast as I normally would but then I got tired after walking down the long rows of stairs. I stopped.

"Hey!" I called out, drawing his attention to the fact that I was tired.
"I can't keep up, could you walk more slowly" I asked, striding over to where he stood and he gave a vague hmm sound.

"You're not entirely Chinese, are you?" I asked for want of a conversation as we started walking again but slowly this time.. Like a couple taking a walk.

Wait what??? Couple?.. Oh Christa, you need a brain purge.. You're growing daft by the day..
I said to myself as I regain my composure and he started talking in that creamy voice of his.

"No,I'm not" I thought he was gonna keep talking but he didn't. Well yikes on bikes!

"You're not forbidden to talk to gir---..i mean ladies, are you?" I asked, giving myself a mental slap on the face but then I think I heard him chuckle.

He held my hand as we slid down a low hill leading to the waterfall and warmth coursed through my body. Only God knew how I would feel if he had touched my face.

" I was told to take you places, not make acquaintances" He mused and I dimpled.

"Make acquaintances?, now that's a thought" I said and saw the waterfall ahead.

"wow" I beamed before running ahead. "It's beautiful" I laughed and whirled round childishly.

I glanced at him to see him staring hard at me.. I stifled a smile and looked away.
"Can I come for a swim some time?" I asked and he nodded.
"If the water is cool" and then he added "Don't come here without me".

I looked at his expressionless face and wondered why he said that

Oh my God, he wants to hang out with me!!!
I thought before he cleared his throat and murmured "The boys from the other temple can be an handful"

Well so much for hanging out.. I thought, feeling deflated.

"Can we go back now?" I asked, walking past him. He nodded and led the way back to the temple.
"Thank you" I said when we got to my door. He smiled and was about to walk away when I asked "What's your name?"
He stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me. I was about to berate myself mentally when he replied in a cool voice "Jamil... Jamil Hughes".. I smiled and nodded.

In the room, I sat on the bed and thought about Jamil.. the feel of his hand holding mine,the sound of his voice and the way his hands swayed when he walked...

I smiled involuntarily as I swoon on the bed, closing my eyes.

It would take a lot of effort for me to stop thinking about this monk guy that obviously has got me crushing

Hey guys, thanks for reading this book.. I decided it's going to be a sequel though... I'll keep updating this and when the other part is out, Y'all can go check it out..
XOXO
LOVE_CROWNER