FOUR

"Christa remember, be nice to Grandpa and please stay outta the way of things." She said and I nodded.
I had all my supplies and that made it seven bags in all. Well, ill luck if the students or monks or whatever they are were at their rehearsals. Then, there'll be no one to help me with the bags.

I staggered a little as I got to the entrance of the temple. Dad and mom had helped me with bags.
Okay, you must be wondering how my black parents had an asian parent. Mom's mother had remarried Grandad after she had mom so.....

I smiled as I noticed new changes like electricity in the temple... I can charge my gadgets. I thought and whirled slowly on a spot marveling at the way grandad had transformed the temple.

A huge iron door grinded open and grandad came out before the others.

I felt pure excitement overwhelm me as I raced over to him and engulfed him in a bear hug "Gran" I greeted sweetly, pecking him too.

"My sweet girl, how're you?" He replied in his cracked voice and I smiled at the memories I had made here before."Fine Gran" I said then he patted my head.

Gran gestured to one of the monks to show me to my room and I followed.
He obviously wanted to talk to Mom and Dad.

I was shown to my room and I loved it instantly.. It had a window that opened to a large garden with a pool in the middle of it.

After settling in and Mom and Dad left, I told Gran I wanted to visit the waterfall.

"You just got here little princess, have lunch first" he smiled, stroking his long beard and I nodded feebly unable to argue.

He led the way into a large room with a huge long table in it.
Boys of different ages were sitting at it, having lunch.

When Gran and I walked in, they all stood up and bowed in greeting with their hands clasped together in a begging manner. I dimpled, amused.

I pulled out a chair and sat then I got served. It was noodles in a watery, dark sauce. I'd probably get chronic ulcer from eating this. I thought and as if Gran could hear my thoughts, he chuckled and placed a palm on top of mine.

"It's tasty" He assured me. I nodded and took a little into my mouth.
Truly, it was tasty. I took another scoop and nodded at Gran who was grinning.

I smiled and turned to look around the room and that was when I saw him.

His dark eyes were staring piercingly at me. He had dark brown hair and diamond studs at each ear. He looked ruggedly handsome and my heart picked up tempo as I stared at him.

"He's like you" Gran piped up, startling the fuck out of me.
"Who?" I raised a brow, taking deep breaths.
Gran nodded towards the guy I had been staring at and repeated "He's like you, he only comes here on holidays for martial arts... His father is American and his mother, Chinese" I nodded,wondering why Gran was offering me information about him. Not that I didn't appreciate it though.

I tried hard to train my eyes away from his direction but they always roam back and I always found him staring back.

I watched him stand up and make for the door when Gran called out to him
"Li Wang" and he turned, coming in our direction and I felt my throat hitch.

"What does Li mean Gran?" I asked before he got within earshot.

"For male, it means masculine power, capability and influence.. For female, it simply means beautiful" He explained just as Li drew nearer.

"Master" he greeted. "Meet Christa, my granddaughter" Gran said and I couldn't help but wonder why he was introducing us.

"Hi" he said in his thick, soft, smooth voice. "Hi" I whispered incoherently before I cleared my throat and tried again
Nice one Chris.. I thought to myself, feeling embarrassed.

"You'll be her guide around" Gran said to him and I literally stopped breathing.
No.. No way Gran.. I couldn't survive a minute with this man and not swoon in his masculine presence.
This is number one disaster.

I forced a grin at Gran who stood up with little difficulty. I gave Li a small smile and followed Gran.

"I don't need a guide Gran" I said as I caught up with him in the passage way.
"Yes you do" was Gran's meek reply.
"please don't ruin his holiday" I muttered to myself but I think Gran heard me cause he stopped to look at me.
"No sane man would consider a minute in your presence a waste of time" he said and involuntarily, tears filled my eyes..

"awwwwwwwwn" I whined, feeling really really special. Only Dom ever made me feel this special.

"Thanks Gran" I mused, feeling good.