FOURTEEN

My banging head gave me the assurance that I was alive. I felt my head with my good hand and it was wrapped in a heavy bandage.

I groaned and turned, only then noticed another man in the room. He had on rabbit glasses and a white coat so I guessed he was a doctor.

The door creaked open and Gran came in as the doctor stood akimbo and stared at me, disapprovingly.

"Gran" I managed to murmur before the doctor turned to Gran and asked, his voice laced with worry, mild anger and disapproval.

"Why did you let her engage in such endeavor in her condition?" He asked and I almost scoffed.

Was my hand that injured??

Gran looked at me and I gave a tiny smile. "I'm okay" I muttered and the doctor snapped.

"Oh of course you are,you could have hurt the baby.Next time you want to do crazy, could you please not involve an innocent child"

I bolted up in bed and Gran looked at the doctor. His expression showed he was as confused as I was.

"what child?" He asked as calmly as he could.

"Don't you know?.. She's pregnant!"

My world seemed to spin, twist and crash!

Pregnant?!!

The word echoed over and over again in my head and I thought I imagined it when the doctor left the room and Gran sat beside me on the bed,looking me dead in the eye.

I gulped uneasily as Gran asked "Are you pregnant?"

Tears sprang to my eyes as I feebly shook my head.

"I'm not pregnant Gran.. I promise.. I'm not!" I croaked and Gran gave a subtle grin.

"Jamil" He muttered with so much ice in the single word.

My breathe caught and more tears spilled down my face. My head hurt so badly.

Gran, without sparing me another look, stalked angrily out of the room.

My body trembled and I lowered myself unto the sheets, tears clouded my vision and rolled down my cheeks to the pillow.

I felt extremely heartbroken.

Then I remembered, Jamil could be in trouble!

In a flash, I got off the bed and grabbed my phone.
I dialed his number and he picked on the second ring.

"Where are you?" I asked as soon as he picked.

"I'm in town with my mom.. Hope you're fine now. I'll be back to the temple in an hour"
He didn't have any idea what awaited him.

"Come to the window as soon as you get back to the temple and.. Yea, don't let Gran see you." I said and he sounded hesitant.

"What's going on?" He asked and I almost started crying all over again.

"Just do as I say!" I finaled and ended the call.

I sniffed and laid stiffly on the bed.

                     * * * * * * * * *
"I'm fine" I persisted and I heard Dom sigh.
"Okay, Gran called and asked me to to call you. If you need anything, you can tell me" He sounded so stressed and I squeezed my eyes shut.

I wonder how miserable I'm gonna make him if he found out I was pregnant

"For real Dom, I'm okay... I'll tell Gran I'm okay. I don't want anyth....." I was saying when the soft tapping at the window came.

"I got to go.. I'll call you back" I said hastily and ended the call.
I swung open the window and Jamil held my hand as I jumped out.

Tears formed in my eyes as we made it over to the molded seats in the shade.

"You're alright now?" He asked and stroked my hair affectionately.

"Hmm.." I sniffed and looked at him

" I need to tell you something" I ventured and he nodded looking concerned.

"I..... I'm..... My...." I stopped for a moment and calmed my self. I took a deep breath and on exhale I spat out

"I'm pregnant!"

For a moment, Jamil said nothing and I opened my eyes to look at him.

He was looking at me like he was watching something horribly tragic out of a horror movie.

"You're what??!" He asked in a voice that was no where near his bigboy voice.

"Pregnant" I replied as calmly as I could and he clasped his head in his palms.

He was irritating me with his reaction. I took the goddamn news nicer than he was doing.

"You can't be" He said, looking stupid and helpless at thesame time.

"Does Gran know?"

"Yea, he was there when the doctor told me..." I stopped for a moment before I said "He knows it's you.".

I swear if he hadn't been sitting, he would have collapsed.

His expression was priceless as he questioned accusingly

"You told him??!" His eyes were as round as saucers.

"No!... I don't know how he got to know" I defended feebly. My eyes were brim with tears.

He glanced at me and for a moment, seemed to see my panic.

He drew me close and hugged me tight.. I was crying now.. I felt heartbroken!

There was no way mom was taking this lightly with me.

"Your parents, they won't take this from you" he remarked, voicing my fears.

"I know.. Mom'll castrate me" I tried to hide my fears but I could swear I was white and he could see my emotions.

"I'm scared" I said outloud... I was really scared.

Hey crowners, sorry I haven't been able to update sooner than this.
I'll update two chapters the next time I post to make up for time.

I'm so happy you guys are reading this story.. Means a lot to me.

Love you all.

Love__Crowner