TWENTY TWO

I sighed and sat down, turning up my phone backlight so I could see what time it was.

1:14
Crap!

I wished time would go faster so I could catch Grey's Anatomy. I swiped my phone open and clicked on the business app that was developed by a fellow student and scrolled through.
I was majoring in the freshmen courses.

My stomach grumbled and I decided it was time I ate.

I was walking to over to the parking lot to grab the burger I had gotten on my way to school that morning when my phone buzzed and I looked down to read the message when I bumped into something and felt wet.

I suddenly smelled like strawberry.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" I heard a male voice say and before I could say a word, his hand shot out and dabbed at my jacket with an hanky.

"I'm sorry" He repeated and I nodded not replying.... I didn't even look at him.
I made to walk past him when he got in my way, blocking me off and I was forced to look at him.

What the fuck is the deal??

"Wait up, are you mad at me?" He asked and I shook my head,trying not to stare. God, was he handsome.

Snap out of it Chris

"No... I'm just on my way to the parking lot" I smiled.

"I'm Dwayne McCammon" He stuck out a hand and I took it courteously.

"Christa Taylor" I replied and he chuckled.

"You're related to the famous Taylor?? I mean, you must know the Taylors right?" he said and I quirked a brow.

People do know the Taylors

"He's my father" I piped up and he stopped short.

"The famous Taylor is your dad?" He asked, surprise laced his voice.

I nodded simply and made it to the car. I didn't want to be rude by telling him to go away cause I wanted to devour my burgers so I played it cool and offered him one of the two.
He shook his head and I almost smiled.

Good thing you didn't take it

He was still fascinated by me being a Taylor and he asked if it was true that my dad was part African. I nodded and he wowed.

I bit into the burger and savored the taste, getting less hungry.

Maybe because my hunger was being quenched, I noticed how handsome Dwayne looked when he smiled. He had strawberry blonde hair and dreamy pea colored eyes. He had a deep dimple on his right cheek that showed whenever he smiled and it was an extremely appealing sight.

We were in the middle of a conversation about our opinions on different issues when my phone rang and it was Granny.

"Excuse me" I raised a finger and picked the call.

"Hey Granny."

"I thought you said you classes end by three pm, where are you?" she said and I almost smirked.

"Yes Granny but it's not three yet" I replied and I heard her gasp on the other end.

"My bad Chris, be safe dear" She said and I smiled before ending the call.

"Mom?" Dwayne asked and I shook my head.
"She's more of an aunt" I said and he nodded.

"Alright, nice talking to you Christa.. I'd like to see you again" He said and thrust out his phone towards me. I took it, smiling and typed in my phone number.