Deen

-----------------
---------------------- ------------------------

                              ﷽

🌙 13th Thul-Hijjah 1441 🌙
           4 August 2020

*GAIN THE WORLD AND COMPROMISE YOUR SOUL*

There was a family who lived in the countryside,a  husband, wife and his mother .One day, after the husband went out, the woman came out of her house to hang the washing when she saw three old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard.
She did not recognize them. She said "You don’t look like you from the area. Is there anything I can help you with. You must also be hungry? Please come in and have something to eat." She felt sorry for the elderly men who looked like travellers and took pity on them.

"Is the man of the house home?", they asked.
"No", she replied. "He's out."
"Then we cannot come in", they replied.

In the evening when her husband came home, she informed him what had happened.
He immediately went out and invited them in.

"We do not go into a House together," they replied.
"Why is that?" he asked.
One of the old men explained: "His name is *Wealth*," he said, pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, "He is *Success*, and I am *Deen*." Then he added, "Now go in and discuss with your wife which one of us you want in your home."

The man went in and told his wife what was said. She was overjoyed. "How nice!!", she said. "Since that is the case, let us invite *Wealth*. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!" Alas, all our problems would be solved and we can buy whatever we want or need. That would be the best thing that could have ever happened to us.

The husband disagreed. "My dear, why don't we invite *Success*?" If we have success, that would include wealth and more than that. Many unsuccessful people who have wealth, loose all of it. Success is a very important ingredient. This appealed to the wife and they decided to opt for Success. The husband then added,” Obviously once we are successful, we will then be free to concentrate on *Deen*.” They were convinced that this was the best solution.

His mother was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: "Would it not be better to invite *Deen*? Our home will then be filled with Deen!" This did not appeal to them.

She seen their reaction and said “ Why bother with something which would only benefit you temporarily? Many a King, Billionare, successful person have gone to the grave leaving everything behind, to no benefit in the hereafter.
They all said “Oneday” which never came.
Don’t get caught in this trap!”
This made them think and they started debating. The old lady continued to incite them until they concluded they would choose Deen.

*"Go out and invite Deen to be our guest*." said the wife.

The husband went out and asked the three old men:
"Which one of you is Deen?
Please come in and be our guest."

*Deen* got up and started walking toward the house. The other two also got up and followed him. Surprised, the man asked *Wealth and Success*: "I only invited Deen, Why are you coming in?"

The old men replied together: "If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would've stayed out and left, but since you invited Deen, wherever He goes, we go with Him. *Wherever there is Deen, there is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"*

"The greatest wealth a person can have is contentment. The greatest success a person can have is to die with Iman and be successful in all the stages of the hereafter. The external worldly success and wealth is superficial and doesn’t last. We will all three remain with you till our your last breath."
(رسالة الحق)

*LESSONS*

1. If you were in this situation without reading the story, which would you choose?
Yes, all would answer Deen. For every statement there is a proof. What would be my proof?
How many hours of my day is used for Deen and the revival of Deen?
How much of my wealth is spent for Deen?
Which direction have I channelled my children towards?
Do I express happiness or sadness on the coming and going of Deen or Dunya?
When I wake up or go to sleep what is my greatest concern?
Do I serve the creation or the Creator?
*Compromising your loyalty to Allah makes you a slave of this world. Compromising your loyalty to Dunya for Allah makes the world your slave.*
*Be strong enough to let go and patient enough to wait for what was promised by Allah.*

2.The world is like an ocean and Deen is the ship. We need the water to get to our destination but we should never allow the water to enter the ship.

Any small compromise on the ship would risk the lives of the passengers and all the valuable assets on the ship. A person who has made Aakhirah his object is very particular not to allow any water to enter his ship.

He will also be particular about the rules of the ship. Those are the rules of Allah. Breaking it may have serious consequences.

On route there are ice-bergs, nafs and shaytaan which could wreck havoc for the sailor. He makes all effort to identify them from a distance and avoid them completely.

Any work which he has been tasked with, is executed. He not concerned of the small bunker to live in, simple food to survive on. Wears the uniform that he has been instructed. He is just a traveller concerned about getting the ship to its destination safely.

There may be a time where there would be violent storms at see. He makes sure he holds steadfast to the ship and follows the instructions very carefully. We may have turmoil and difficulties in our lives, but Allah and His Rasool ﷺ have given us clear instructions what to do during these storms and how to ride the wave.

Whether it may be a medical emergency on the ship or any need , all the solutions are on the ship. If any one decides to jump in the water to solve their problem, that would be their destruction.

All the sailors need to work in harmony otherwise disunity could risk the entire ship.

This ship is a special ship, which cannot sink. Allah's Deen is perfect and complete. No changes are needed, additions or subtractions. Hold on to the rope of Allah and see what happens.
*When you ask for water, the glass comes with it.*
ابن محمود

*MAY ALLAH GRANT US THE REALITY OF THE SHORTNESS OF THIS LIFE AND THE ETERNITY OF THE HEREAFTER.*
آمين
(رسالة الحق)