The Begging Bowl

🍀بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم🍀
ﷺ ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ

STORY:
The Begging Bowl

Upon coming out of his palace one morning & encountering a beggar, a king asks, “What do u want?” The beggar laughingly says, “U ask as though u can fulfill my desire!” Offended, the king replies, “Of course I can!” The beggar warns, “Think twice before u promise anything.”

The King insisted, “I will fulfill anything u ask, for I am a very powerful king who can fulfill any desire.” The beggar said, “It is a very simple desire. Can u fill this begging bowl?” “Of course!” said the king, & he instructed his vizier to “Fill the man's begging bowl with money.” The vizier did, but when the money was poured into the bowl, it disappeared. So he poured more & more, but the moment he did, it would disappear.

The begging bowl remained empty.

Word spread throughout the kingdom, & a huge crowd gathered. The prestige & power of the king were at stake, so he told his vizier, “If my kingdom is to be lost, I am ready to lose it, but I cannot be defeated by this beggar.” He continued to empty his wealth into the bowl.

Diamonds, pearls, emeralds. His treasury was becoming empty.

Aиϑ yet the begging bowl seemed bottomless. Everything put into it immediately disappeared!

Finally, as the crowd stood in utter silence, the king dropped at the beggar’s feet & admitted defeat. “U are victorious, but before u go, fulfill my curiosity. What is the secret of this begging bowl?”

The beggar humbly replied, "There is no secret. It is simply made up of human desire.”

The absolute truth is that we will always want more. More money, more time, more out of life. Aиϑ then after we get it & the desire has been fulfilled, then we lose the excitement, feel empty again & then want something else.Satisfying our desires is like trying to satisfy the thirsty person who went to drink water from the salty sea - the more he drinks, the thirstier he gets.
-
The day we understand that things & people cannot fulfil us & we become content with everything that اللّه Subhana Ta'ala has provided us with thanking Him through our speech & actions is the day that the emptiness in our heart gets filled.
Noble Qur'an profoundly teaches that: 'Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!'
(Ayat13, Verse 28)

Ibn 'Abbas radiallaahu anhu narrated:
I heard Rasulullah sallallaahu alayhi wasallam saying,
"If the son of Adam (the human being) had two valleys of gold,
he would wish for a third, for nothing can fill the belly of
Adam's son except dust, & Allah forgives him who repents to Him."
(Bukhari).
🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹