Chapter 32

Seth POV:

I really missed Dean for the past two months because we didn't spend much time together because of my exams. I was glad because he understood me well and didn't bother me too much. I knew I would make him disappointed most of the time, but he didn't act weird and come to my house every night for dinner.

I want to prepare dinner for him tonight to talk about my graduation to him. I help my mom in the kitchen by finishing up scratch mashed potatoes but a finger swipe through it, making me irritated.

Gasping in feign disbelief, I look up to see Dean standing beside me with his finger in his mouth. "Please keep your fingers out of the food. I don't know where they've been." I slap his hand away and yell at him playfully.

My mom laughs at us and leaves the kitchen, giving us some privacy. I hear Uncle Rock's voice in the living room so I'm sure there will be a big conversation in the dining room if he is here.

I snap out of my thoughts when Dean wraps his arms around me from behind and whispers in my ear, "I forgot where these fingers before but I can tell you where they are now." He winks, making me cringe.

"Dean!" I try to move but he doesn't let me and presses light kisses on the side of my neck. "Will you let me do this what I've started already?" I ask and place the vessel on the counter.

He grins and tries to get another taste of the potatoes, but I smack his hand away with a wooden spoon. "Told you already," I show a finger at him before turning my attention to the dish to check one last time whether it comes good.

When everything is okay, we go to the dining room to see everyone sitting in the usual spot. My mom and dad on the left side of the table with one spot next to them where I always sit, the chair on the other end for Uncle Rock and Dean.

I look at Uncle Rock with a slight smile gracing my lips as a way of greeting before sitting on the chair. "So kid, how is everything going?" He asks enthusiastically. He is always happy so nothing will be able to bring him down.

"Good. Just waiting for tomorrow to hustle and go to school." I grin and give him a hint about my graduation. I didn't talk to him and Dean about this before because I didn't want them to bring on a marriage subject there.

"Well, I thought your exams were over.." He says as he takes a bite of the steak. "Wait, graduation?!" He asks in excitement.

"My baby is all grown up now, what can I do?" My mom says and ruffles my hair. I just roll my eyes at her words but manage to smile nonetheless.

"Have you applied to any colleges?" He asks, caring about my education. He is always like this, clearly getting into the point and make me happy or think about something serious.

Before I open my mouth to say something, my dad interrupts and gets into the conversation. "Ah, come on, Johnson. He is probably not thinking about anything more than what he will do this summer."

I throw glances at his way until my mom shakes my shoulder and asks, "So.. what are you gonna do this summer? Planning any trips or something."

I tear my eyes away from my dad and look at her, shaking my head. My eyes widen when I hear Dean's words in the air and it makes my world upside down. "He will do nothing in this summer alone. We will go on a honeymoon this summer if you think about our marriage. So please, just think about it now. If you don't get into a firm decision, I'm sure I'll marry him somewhere without you guys know."

"Calm down, Dean. We'll talk about this after his graduation." His dad tries to convince him but he doesn't ready to hear his words and leaves the dining room.

Dean POV:

I knew about his graduation already without Seth told me, but I told nothing because I understood his childish mind what it would think. I can see the fear in his eyes about the future, but he doesn't know how to spell it to me. 

I can't comfort him with words and make him realize that I'm with him. I will do anything for him, but before that, I want to marry him. I have been waiting for that wonderful moment in my life, but no one is understanding me.

I told my dad to talk about our marriage before I took him here, but he didn't do that in the dining room. I get irritated so I dig my hand into my pocket and feel around for the objects that I'm currently looking for.

A smile comes to my face as my pack of Marlboro Reds comes into my hand. I take them out and move the box up to my lips, pulling out a cigarette and flip open the lighter.

Lighting the cigarette and inhaling the venomous mixture makes me sigh in relief. The nicotine quickly settling in and working a numbing feeling throughout my body. It takes my thoughts away from the day only momentarily.

I lean against the side and brace my head against the wall as I look up at the sky. I take another drag and inhale before releasing out the smoke.

"Why did you leave the dining room?" The voice makes me jump, not that I ever admit it happen to anyone. Rolling my eyes, I turn my head to the direction of the voice, knowing already who it is.

To make it sure enough, Seth is standing a few feet away from me with his hands in his pockets. "You know the reason already." I scoff, taking another drag from the cigarette.

He walks forward and plucks the cigarette, earning a shout of protest from me. He smirks and throws it on the ground, smashing it underneath the bottom of his shoe.

"Well, I don't tell I won't marry you." He says and places his hand on my cheek.

I chuckle, "But you also didn't tell you could marry me now."

He tells nothing after that, just staring at me. His mind confuses, not knowing what decision can make, and I can see it in his eyes. His silence makes me frustrated, but I won't let back up this time.

I grab ahold of his arms and surge forward to capture his lips. He is surprised at first but quickly push it away and melt into the kiss. He loops his arms around my neck and tangles his fingers in my hair.

"I'll take care of you good, pup. I'll never hurt you, so please accept my marriage proposal." I mumble in between the kiss, wrapping my arms around his waist and bring him forward, flushing our bodies together.

He pulls away from me and looks into my eyes, nodding slowly. He places a chaste kiss on my lips and leans his forehead against mine. His smile never fades and I'm assured of that.