Chapter 51

Seth POV:

When I emerge onto the front porch, Dean grabs me and starts positioning me where he wants, where the light is supposedly best. Usually, he likes to take his own time when it comes to taking care of me, so I don't feel anything new in it. He is just like this into anything...

"Do we have to do this out here?" I ask, looking around warily. I feel oddly self-conscious, like the entire neighborhood can see us and this whole circus act. Even though everyone's inside their houses currently and there are no cars or pedestrians on the street.

My ears perk up at the laugh coming from behind us, and I know who it is. Dean's mom will tease me definitely when I get inside, so I swallow hard and try to stop him from his doing, but he glares at me.

"Hey, this is my show, okay? You agreed. So we're doing it my way." He says firmly. He looks like he isn't caring, though, which makes sense.

I let out an exasperated sigh and bite my lip nervously, not wanting to argue with him. Already our relationship is hanging at the edge of the cliff and readying to fall, so I don't want to end it with my dirty mouth that leads me into trouble.

He takes a comb and parts my wet hair carefully down the middle until it's almost totally straight and free of knots. He brushes them both forward, draping over my forehead, covering my eyes, until they meet at the centerline of my face, the ends dancing right below my chin. And then he reaches for the scissors and turns back to me.

"I feel you're gonna stab one of my eyes out. Should I start dialing 911?" I ask, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"Don't be a fucking baby. And stop moving so much, for fuck's sake. Do you want me to stab you?" He asks, pointing the scissors at me in a vaguely threatening manner.

"Okay. Jesus," I say, re-pocketing my phone and trying to stay as still as possible.

I stand in place, head bowed slightly, trying not to flinch. It kind of feels like some weird form of supplication. I observe his movements through my curtain of dark hair.

He seems utterly focused on his task, and he starts trimming the edges of my hair, using his other hand to bring the strands together in front of my face and get secure cuts. He goes all the way around my hair, snipping pieces off. There's some method to this, not just madness. It feels like he knows what he's doing.

When he has done making sure all the ends are the same length, he drags the comb back through my hair until it all falls behind my ears again. "What a drama queen!" He mumbles and throws his hands in the air before disappearing inside for a moment.

I blink at him as he comes back into focus in front of me again. I smile and toss my hair around because I can't help it. I feel rich already. I pull my phone out again, looking at myself in the camera. It doesn't look terrible at first sight. I'm almost impressed. My hair hits right at my shoulder again where it should be. I feel everything is going right on the way.

Dean POV:

I want things between us better again, so I give Seth some space to make the right decision. I watch his every activity carefully after our small encounter and feel nothing seems different. I can sense that he still doesn't care about what I have said.

I want to make him think about my words, but I don't know how to be. If he is staying in this house and wandering around my dad, his mind will keep thinking about business and dreaming about how to get the next promotion.

I sigh when an idea comes to my mind and assures me that it may work out. I wait until we finish dinner and suggest hanging out in our room, not wanting Seth to get advice from my dad about business again.

The large screen in the room has barely been on for five minutes when my hands and mouth are all over him. "Pup, you know we have everything in our life except.. a kid." I suck a sensitive spot in his neck and try to make him realize how life will be if we have a kid.

"Y-You are wrong, babe." He mumbles, traveling his gentle finger up the side of my jaw and smoothing over my beard, leaving trails of fire behind it. "We still don't reach Uncle Rock's place!"

My hands are cupping his cheeks and tipping his face to the side softly, trying to make him understand what I'm saying. "Why do we need dad's place, pup?! We have our own; we have to create our own, we have to live our own.." I'm scooting closer to him and pressing a small kiss on his lips.

"D-Dean," He stutters, not knowing what to say. He's not a single-minded person, so I'm sure he has many conflicts in his mind. If he understands what actual life is, he can balance both his personal and professional life accurately. He places his hand on my thigh and rubs it gently before repeating the same, "I've worked hard for this.."

I sigh and move my hand away from him, staring at the television without minding anything. I have to make him understand, but what will be the best way for it. "We're going to cabin tomorrow.." I say, eyes still gluing to the large screen that keeps providing the show.

"No!" He blurts out, having something on his mind already. "I-I want to clarify something with Uncle Rock tomorrow. If you want, we can go one day of next week.."

I grit my teeth and clench my fists in anger, glaring at him. "I don't need to change my schedule for anyone as much as you." I get up from the couch and throw myself on the bed, closing my eyes to put an end to this worst day.