Chapter 60

Seth POV:

After our intense fight, I watch in silence as Dean leaves the house because I don't have the right to stop him anymore. I fall on my knees and stare at the door with tears in my eyes, expecting him to return, but he doesn't.

I wipe my tears away and walk to our room as I think about my life with the heart. When the heart competes with a mind, the heart will win without having any choice. And it's also happened in my life because I'm nothing different like he has said.

When I reach our room, my eyes catch on the frame next to our bed. I walk over to my bedside table and pick up the frame. It is an average-sized frame; the photo sitting inside of mirrored edges.

His parents had bought it for us years ago, but that wasn't what made me stop. The picture inside makes my insides coil uncomfortably. The photo had taken on our first Christmas almost four years ago, and it admittedly was my favorite photo of us. That is why I've put it next to the bed so I can wake up smiling every single morning, knowing I've landed the perfect man.

The picture had that I was sitting on Dean's lap at the stairs, his muscular arms around my middle while he placed a kiss on the side of my face. My tears fall on the frame as I recall our pleasant moments, holding it against my chest.

As I let the tears flow, the little sniffles and choked breaths I've taken leave of my throat. I wipe my tears away quickly when I feel someone's presence in my room. I turn around and find Uncle Rock standing in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You ain't fooling me, kid." He says, sitting next to me on the bed. "You all right?" He asks, grabbing the frame from me and looking over it for a few moments.

I turn to look at him with my eyes red and glassy. I take a deep breath and shrug my shoulders, "I don't know." My stuffy nose makes my voice poor. "I just followed your rules to become a successful professional. Nothing more than that. But it changed my life upside down.."

"You're right. My rules were for business, but you applied it in your life as well, so everything went wrong." He replies, stroking my hair gently. "Do you know why I still not give you promotion in business?"

I shake my head and play with my fingers, not wanting to think about it anymore. It was the only thing that brought a fight between us, so I didn't want to dive into that topic again. I close my eyes and try to keep thinking about my husband while letting my ears hear him.

"I noticed your dream changed into obsession lately. If I gave you a promotion, you would slip out of your personal life already, so I put a halt to it." He says sincerely and makes me look down in shame. "And one more thing includes in it, how can I promote you even if you don't try to promote me as a grandfather?!" He laughs, bringing a smile to my face.

His expression changes into serious again as he looks at me in the eyes, "You're the best, and there's no doubt in it. Just as I've said, we have many opportunities to prove ourselves in business, but we have only one opportunity to prove ourselves in life, so make a firm decision on yourself without minding anything. In the end, you will decide where you to be in life."

I smile at his words because I can understand the real meaning. I feel guilty for making everything difficult, and it's like I'm doing everything intentionally. I lean my head against his shoulder and smile softly at him, "Thanks for being so sweet and awesome."

He pokes my nose and brushes his thumb across my face to wipe the excess tears. "You're still the same kid; I've seen in the park that day. Grown-up with the figure but not on mind." He teases me, pinching my cheek and making me laugh.