Chapter 26

Seth POV:

I stand up from the couch when I see my friends entering the house and guide them to my room. I close the door behind me once they are getting inside then go to the bed to grab a pillow and hold it against my chest.

I look up to see them staring at me with an equivalent look on their face. "What?" I put the pillow down and try to know what's on their mind.

"You're acting very strange. What happened at Uncle Rock's birthday party?" Big E asks, not knowing what happened there. I didn't even tell them on the phone what had happened.

"Hmm... Uncle Rock is Dean's father, and he accepted me as his son-in-law on his birthday!" I stand up from the bed and walk back and forth in the room.

"How did it come to this? Did you tell him that you're not interested in his son?" Kofi asks but I don't know what to tell so I flop down on the bed face first and listen to what they are talking to themselves.

"Wait! Hold on a sec! Are you in love with him?" Xavier asks and gives me a look, wanting me to spill out what is going on with me.

"I don't know," I mumble and close my eyes, not having the guts to face them. I have spent so much time with Dean, but I don't know if I love him or not. Whenever I see his eyes, I lose myself into it.

"Shit!" Kofi slaps his forehead and gives me an embarrassed look. I hide my face into the pillow feeling ashamed and turn to look at him when he speaks up, "What do you think about him?"

"He is smart and good at attracting people with his eyes. He might be really hot-" I stop when Big E pats my shoulder and makes his way to the door. I roll over onto my back and notice the door is slightly opened.

Big E opens the door fully and sees Dean is standing there with a smirk on his face. He turns to look at me and calls his other friends to leave the room as he lets Dean in. Usually, they tried to make him stay away from me, but now they go outside and let him in. Why?

I don't know whether Dean heard what I said to my friends. I hope he has heard none of what I have been saying to them, but the spreading grin on his face says otherwise. I take a moment to look at him, bright blue eyes sparkling under a mop of unruly blonde curls with two days of stubble on his cheeks. He is handsome as usual.

"So, you think I'm hot..?" He asks and I can feel my cheeks reddening as I want to melt into the bed in shame.

"Just forget it, okay?" I ask and roll onto my stomach, giving him a space to sit on the bed. I play with the pillow and hear him laugh a little. I don't want him overthinking about it so I say, "I was talking to my friends."

"I'd been worried if I thought you had found any of your friends hot, pup." He teases and runs his hand on my back and squeezes my ass a little.

I jump and sit up on the bed, glaring at him. "If you didn't realize that you have love in me, you should tell me, not others. No one other than me can't help you with this." He says and grabs my hand.

I want to cringe back but he is drawing me into a hug and for a moment it just feels so good to be held steady, to be enveloped in his arms. I sniffle a little and feel him holding me a little closer.

"Do you feel the unbreaking bond between us?" He whispers in my ear and I feel a little tearful, not knowing whether it is from the warmth of his skin or the smell of his hair or the way his stubble feels against my cheek.

We pull away from each other when we hear my mom's voice from downstairs. "Shit! I forgot to tell you. Get ready, fast!" He hits my forehead with his head playfully and lets me get ready.

I don't know where he has planned to take me now. I take a set of clothes and go to the bathroom to change into it. When I return to the room, I get confused as I see him packing up my clothes in a bag.

"What are you doing?" I grab his hand and stop him from packing.

"You're going to stay at my house for a few days because your dad will stay and attend the meeting in another state instead of my dad. And your mom is also going there to help your dad and lets you for my responsibility." He says, and it almost makes my eyes fall out of my face.

"How could they prefer a cat to guard milk?" I say quietly but his rabbit ears get what I'm saying.

"They know very well, this cat will never let any other cat drinks this milk even if it drinks." He says and tilts my chin up to kiss me, just a brief touch of lips, before stepping back.

There is a knock at the door and it makes both of us jump. He pinches my cheek and turns faster, heading to the door to wrench it open. He nods at my mom and grabs my bag, going downstairs and lets me take my own time to spend with her.

My mom tells me to take care of myself and behave like a big boy as we are heading downstairs. I look around the house one last time before going out with my parents and Dean.

We enter the car and talk about simple things until we reach the airport. My parents tell Dean to take care of me and adjust with my craziness until they reach here. He nods and wraps his arm around my shoulders, giving them a hope that he will be with me forever.

I lay my head on his shoulder and wave a hand at my parents as they leave me. He still wraps his arm around me possessively and waits for me to get comfortable. He takes me to his car and drives it to his house.