"Come on." Luke said, getting out of his car and walking around to meet the woman who had parked in front of us. I hadn't even noticed her while I was checking out the house.

We introduced ourselves to the woman, and she brought us inside and let us walk around. The house was split right in half, so we had two floors to work with. There were dark hardwood floors throughout the whole first level, and the kitchen had all the stainless-steel appliances he wanted so badly. I was just satisfied to see how open the floor plan was, with the kitchen having a bar that connected it to the living room.

There was a half bathroom on the first floor, and when we got to the second there was a full bathroom and two bedrooms. It was the same dark hardwood up the stairs and down the hall, but both bedrooms had nice fluffy carpet. The place looked like it hadn't even been lived in yet, and Luke was in love with it. I really couldn't find a single thing I didn't like. We even had our own side deck off the kitchen. It wasn't until she started getting into the price that I got cold feet.

"So, it's $1900 a month, but that includes heat, hot water, and electricity. You'd need internet and cable, if you still even use cable anymore." She chuckled at the end, trying to connect to us millennials I guess.

"How soon could we move in?" Luke asked, taking one last look at the kitchen while we made our way out.

"June first. It's a month to month lease, and it's first, last, and a security deposit of the same amount to get in." She smiled, now realizing how serious we were.

"Okay, can we call you tomorrow after we talk?" He sounded so adult-like. It was just weird, us looking for an apartment.

"Of course! Just let me know what you decide, I can have the lease drawn up by next week." She told us. I guess we could have it if we wanted it.

"How many parking spots are there, again?" I asked, remembering that we never found that out when I looked at the driveway.

"Two off street, but there's always parking on the street if you need it." She smiled.

We thanked her and agreed to reach out tomorrow, and Luke and I were off on our way back to campus. It was only a five-minute drive, so it honestly worked out perfectly. I knew I said the odds of us getting the first one were slim, but by the looks on both of our faces when we got back into the car, we both really wanted it.

"$1900 with everything included isn't that bad." Luke spoke up, making me nod my head.

"We're getting it, aren't we?" I asked, cutting right through the bullshit. I wasn't too proud to admit that he found a hidden gem for a killer deal, and he always got what he wanted.

"As long as you like it." He smiled, waiting for me to give him the go ahead.

"It was disgustingly perfect." I told him, getting a chuckle in response.

"I'll call her tonight and tell her. I don't want to risk losing it." He said, making me smile at the thought of us actually doing this together.

We went back to my room when we got back to school, and I started packing up all of the nonessential stuff. I had to be moved out by the end of the week anyway, so I guess we were going to have to take all our stuff to Brett's for the two weeks before we could move in there. That was if it all worked out. I wanted it to, I really did, but I always thought of the worst-case scenarios.

It wasn't until Luke called the woman back that night that I actually let myself get excited. She said she was going to write the lease for us to sign sometime this week, so we planned to meet her on Thursday when the both of us didn't have finals. The second Luke hung up the phone, he was crawling on top of me.