Chapter 3

Izzy's POV

With music sounding through my room I hopped in the shower to wake myself up a little. I went to bed on the later side last night so I knew I would be tired all day if I didn't. I dried my hair off with a towel and slid on some jeans, walking to my phone to skip a song with just a bralette covering my torso. Right as I turned to throw a shirt on, my door unlocked and swung open.

If it had been Michael, or even Ashton or Calum I wouldn't have really been mad. But since Luke was now staring at my 'scrawny' body without a shirt on I felt more self-conscious than ever. I pulled the shirt from my bed over my front, staring at him like a deer in headlights. He kept his eyes locked with mine with a smirk on his face as he walked right up to me. When he was inches away, he held up my key card and threw it on my bed next to me.

I hadn't even noticed I didn't have it. It must have fallen out of my pocket when I was on the bean bag last night. Nonetheless, I watched as he strutted his way out of my room, not looking back once. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in the second my door closed. I threw my shirt on instantly, not wanting anyone else to see me like this. What better way to start my day?

I practically ran into my pre-calculus class, barely making it on time again. Michael waved me over immediately, motioning for the open desk next to him. I gladly took it and pulled out my notebook, knowing full well that today we would be learning stuff.

"Wanna do something tonight?" He asked me once I got settled in. I honestly wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, and definitely not do anything later. So much bullshit has happened in the last two days that I just wanted one peaceful night.

"I might just stay in, to be honest." I sighed, giving him an apologetic look.

"It's the first Friday of the semester, come on! You know how many parties there are going to be tonight?" He asked, not believing that I could possibly skip out on such an event. Little did he know that that's what I've always done.

"I've never been to a party before." I told him honestly. I may wish to get invited sometimes, but now was just not one of those times.

"Are you serious?!" He almost yelled. I shushed him quickly and lightly laughed his outburst off. "You have to come out, then."

"Today is really not the time, okay?" I shut him down again, feeling bad that I had to say it so bluntly to get him to understand.

"Next week you're coming. Don't argue with me about it." He chuckled, giving me a small smile as he partially turned to the front of the room again.

"Deal."

Pre-calculus was filled with confusing numbers and a ridiculous amount of math rules. I actually couldn't stand the class, but between the professor, who I actually enjoyed, and Michael I knew I could get through it alive. I headed over to the dining hall for lunch after finishing my medical ethics class. I grabbed my usual sushi and walked right over to where the guys were gathered at a table.

I sat down next to Michael with Ashton sitting across from him. We chatted loosely for a few minutes before Calum came to join, Luke trailing behind him with a sub in his hand. I didn't look in his direction once, but it was difficult since he decided to sit right across from me. I was silent for a while, not realizing that they all noticed.

"Okay, what's wrong with you today?" Michael suddenly asked, making me look up from my half-eaten sushi. I paused, my mouth opening and closing like a fish as I stumbled for words.

"Nothing. I'm just tired." I finally managed to get out, knowing damn well that being tired was not the cause of my awkward silence.

"You've barely said a word." Calum pointed out. I slapped him in my head, cursing him for pointing that out as well.