124 ❆ The blood of a father

Start from the beginning

Soyeon pushed Dion off of her and ran to her father, hugging him as she cried even harder. Of course Jiwoo was the reason her mother was dead, she shouldn't have been surprised, but as she looked at Somin's lifeless body she couldn't help but partly blame herself for not being there to help her mom.

To protect her like she's always done for Soyeon.

BM pulled away from his daughter, cupping her cheeks lovingly as he told her, "Honey, if you ever want to stop Jiwoo, you need to do something you might not like-"

"Mathew," Dion's deep voice interrupted from behind them, he shook his head, "you can't make her do that after she just lost Somin."

"She's going to lose more people if she doesn't, Jiwoo now has Somin's power, what do you think is going to happen now, Dion?" BM retaliated, pain evident in his voice, evident in the way it trembled with every word he said.

Soyeon furrowed her eyebrows, tears still streaming down her face, "What are you talking about?"

BM looked down at his daughter, his eyes unwavering and voice strong as he told her, "I need you to take my power."

Soyeons' eyes widened when she realized what he meant, "NO!" she screamed, shaking her head vigorously as he backed away from her father, "no, no, I'm not doing that, dad, i'm not killing you!" the others heard most of the conversation, since it wasn't quiet, but they made no move to go near the house.

"Then how do you expect to defeat your mother?!" he screamed back at her, Soyeon's tears stopping and eyebrows furrowing once more.

Her mother?

Somin was dead.

BM took his daughters hand in his own large one, pulling her closer to him and kneeling down, "Soyeon, Somin wasn't your mother," he started slowly, Soyeon able to feel how badly he was shaking, "Jiwoo is."

Soyeon's hand dropped from his, her breath stopping and heart seized beating for a moment. She fell to the ground from the shock, not caring how much it hurt her knees when they made contact with the floor. She couldn't hear anything, everything was fuzzy and her mind was whirring.

Jiwoo was her mother?

The woman she hates, is the same woman that gave her life?

And took away the person she did consider a mother away from her?

"Honey," BM took her face in his hands again, pulling her out of her trance, "I'm your father, I promise you that, but Jiwoo is your biological mother, Somin isn't. We took you away from her when you were 1 years old, so you wouldn't remember, the reason we did is because Jiwoo wanted to kill you when you turned sixteen to take your power. I couldn't let that happen so Somin helped me, we just didn't tell you because we didn't want you to think of yourself badly." he explained to her, Soyeon just staring at the floor as her labored breaths escaped her parted lips.

"Why did she want my power?" Soyeon asked, not looking at her father but not pushing him away, Dion watched the whole interaction with a frown.

This wasn't how Soyeon was supposed to find out.

"Because when a witch has a child, part of her power goes to the baby, she wanted that part back along with the power that you manifested as you grew. Soyeon, taking power from a relative, especially a direct one, is much stronger than from someone else. Jiwoo is way stronger now that she has Somin's power, honey, I need you to-"

"You want me to turn into her?" Soyeon inquired, finally looking at her dad with fresh layer of tears in her eyes and a distressed expression on her face, "you want me to have those streaks in my hair like her? Because you asking me to do this is like you asking me to be-become her." Soyeon closed her eyes after she said those words, tears spilling out as she whimpered, BM hugging her close to his chest.