.23 lies

Harry and Louis decide to read directly off the cards. If a couple of speeches meant keeping their families alive, they're all for it.

They already visited District Nine in which they read directly off the cards. The cards, however, didn't have anything about paying their respects to the two fallen tributes, Annalee and Amias. This earned a crap ton of booing from the crowd.

Now they're on their way to District Eight, Vivian's district. Harry doesn't want to read off the cards and say nothing about Vivian in front of her family and her whole district, and neither did Louis.

Louis did request to have the bracelets on for their speech, almost as an implied way to connect to the district without the Capital noticing.

They change into matching clothes again, and Katniss gives them the wonderful pep-talk of "Read directly off the cards or else the Capital will murder everyone you love."

Soon the familiar feeling of peacekeepers pulling them towards the stage is felt, and in seconds they're in front of all of District Eight.

Louis begins, "Today we are standing here in the glory of the Capital, and we are all living and thriving because of the great mercy the Capital had upon us."

Harry tunes Louis out, knowing he is spewing complete lies to the people who should be told the truth. That the Capital is corrupt and Harry and Louis have seen it first hand, but they can't. For the sake of their loved ones.

Harry looks over to Vivian's family, seeing them standing on the platform in front of her hologram. They all share the signature blond hair and big blue eyes that Harry had loved in Vivian.

There is her mother hovering over five small children. Two of which were boys and three girls. There is no father to be seen and Harry could tell that she wasn't going to be able to support them.

Louis nudges Harry and Harry begins to read his part. "Your tributes fought with dignity and courage and we along with the gratuitous Capital would like to offer our condolences to the families of the fallen tributes."

Harry smiles lightly, mentally thanking Katniss for actually writing something about the fallen tributes.

"Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever."

Boos and shouts were heard from the crowd at this. Harry hears one person towards the front yelling "SAY WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN!"

Harry would just love to yell "THE CAPITAL IS A TOTAL JERK AND THEY ARE CORRUPT AND EVIL!" but he can't. He just can't.

Harry and Louis are brought back to the train and they head on their way to District Seven.

---------------

"My home district! You finally get to meet my family Harry!" Louis exclaims, jumping up and down. This boy's clearly excited.

They have gone through Districts Seven, Six, Five, Four, and Three so far without any slip-ups, and now they are at Louis' home district.

Louis' over the moon, because when a victor gets to their home district they get to throw a party and hang with their friends and family. Harry's very excited to meet Louis' family, because if they're anything like Louis, they'd get along just fine.

Harry has been dealing with his PTSD so much better since Louis is around now, having fewer and fewer nightmares and flashbacks each day. The medicine is helping, but Louis' helping more.

"When are we on?" Louis asks jumping around. He has a whole lot of energy, but that's probably because he had caviar and toast for breakfast along with two jumbo muffins.

"An hour, now go get fitted with Niall in the dressing room," Katniss instructs. Yes, there is one entire train cart that is used for making Louis and Harry look good, but hey they're rich now, so why not?

"Alright! c'mon Harry," Louis drags Harry into the dressing room to see Niall holding up their matching outfits.

Louis' outfit is a long sleeved dark blue shirt with small white colored stripes. He has his signature suspenders, which are white in color. His shoes and pants are both a clean white.

Harrys outfit is a dark blue button up with white pants and shoes. Niall styles the boys to perfection and soon they are ready to face all of District Two.

"Read straight off the cards, no straying, no matter the reaction of the crowd okay?" Katniss instructs. The two boys nod and then get escorted from the train to the stage in front of a giant District Two.

When they walk onto the stage, screams erupt from the audience, which Harry assumes is for Louis but they start chanting "HARRY HARRY HARRY! LOUIS! LOUIS! LOUIS! LARRY! LARRY! LARRY!" Harry's quite taken aback from this.

Once the cheering dies down Louis begins the speech. "We come to you today in this mentally and physically well state thanks to the humble Capital, they had so much mercy and without them, Harry and I would not be standing in front of you right now."

Lies.

Harry isn't in a well state. The Capital isn't humble. They have no mercy, and Louis and Harry wouldn't have to go through all this shit if it wasn't for the Capital's harsh and barbaric ways.

"We would like to honor the fallen tribute Victoria for her courage, honor, and dignity. We would also like to send our condolences to her family and friends."

"Today with us we have a victor from two," Harry says gesturing to Louis, "whom will be the twenty-eighth victor from District Two in the ninety-four years of the hunger games, making District Two the district with the most victors."

The crowd claps and applauds. "We thank you for being with us here today, and we look forward to seeing you all once again at the party."

Together, Louis and Harry say their closing quote, "Panem today. Panem tomorrow. Panem forever."

And with that, the speech was over. It's probably the quickest one they had so far.

The boys are escorted back to the train to change into their suits quickly. Then Harry and Louis, along with Katniss, Gigi, and Niall, get ready to head to the party.

Niall stays with the matching couple idea, having Harry wear a light grey and white tuxedo while Louis wore a light grey bow tie, pants, and suspenders with a white button up.

"You guys look amazing," Gigi compliments.

"I could say the same to you," Harry comments.

Gigi is wearing a long red dress with a slit in the leg and she has her hair down for once. She is always wearing it in buns and ponytails for work, so it is nice to see it down.

"Thank you," Gigi says, blushing a little.

Just then Katniss walks in the room. For a victor in her mid-forties, she is holding together quite nicely. Most victors her age would be so far gone with pills or alcohol and she's here rocking a long sleek black dress with fire red accents.

"You put together nicely," Louis says.

She glares at Louis before yelling, "COME ON NIALL PARTY STARTS SOON!"

Almost on queue, Niall walks out of the dressing room cart.

"Wow you look amazing," Gigi compliments.

Niall is sporting an all white look. White suit, shirt, and shoes. The outfit makes his eyes pop and his hair look more flattering.

"Thank you, but I think we should get going now," Niall says.

"Yeah well everyone was waiting on you," Katniss mumbles.

"And now I'm here, let's go!"