.04 interview

The next day, interviews were in store for the tributes. The games were tomorrow, and they had to get one last word with Capital before their deaths.

Harry and Gemma's designers had them stay with the theme of black, which Harry was quite fine with. He looks good in black on black.

Gemma looks good too, wearing a sleek black dress and edgy makeup. Everyone described the look as sharp. As being from District Twelve they have to wait last, and Harry being male, is after Gemma for the interviews.

That night they line up in order from District One all the way through twelve. There is a small TV where they are standing, so that they can watch each others interviews go down backstage.

Caesar Flickerman, the lovable host, was old now, but not worn out. He still dyes his hair different colors each game. This year was pink.

Harry doesn't really want to pay attention to the others interviews, it set the bar too high for him. He notes seeing Ethan on screen, but doesn't pay much attention. However when Louis fills the screen he can't help but watch.

He convinces himself that he is just scouting the enemy, but there's something else there. He doesn't know what it is, but it needs to go away. He doesn't like that something about Louis makes Harry feel anything but hatred.

"So," Caesar begins smiling at Louis, "are there any lucky ladies back home?"

Louis laughs at the question and messes his hair a bit, "you see a lady is not what I'm looking for."

"Oh really! Too focused on winning for ladies?" Caesar asks laughing. He never stops laughing.

"No, it's just women aren't my sexual preference," Louis states.

For some reason Harrys mouth drops wide open. Gemma must have noticed too, cause she whispers 'keep it in your pants' to Harry. Harry just glares at her, then focuses his attention back to Louis.

"Then allow me to reword that question," Caesar says fanning himself, causing laughs from the crowd, "are there any lucky gentlemen back home?"

"No, but I'm sure there might be some here! I mean look at you sir!" Louis says pointing to a man in the front row. Caesar laughs and fans himself once more with his hands.

"Now lets get on a more serious note," Caesar says causing the crowd to quiet.

"Lets," Louis replies.

"You're only seventeen, correct?" Caesar asks.

"That's correct."

"Why not wait one more year?"

Louis takes a breath in and smiles, "you know, I feel like I was just ready for it, sort of like a now or never situation."

"Yes and if you win what's the first thing you'd do?" Caesar asks.

"Two things actually," Louis says getting a nod from Caesar, "I'd hug my family, and celebrate with a really handsome guy."

"Ohhhhh," Caesar laughs, "and what would the celebration consist of?"

Louis says nothing and just winks at the camera, causing the audience to erupt with screams.

"Now now now! Give it up for MR. LOUIS TOMLINSON!"

Harry doesn't say anything. He just stands there, watching Louis walk off screen, until he makes his way backstage. When Louis walks past Harry their shoulders brush. Harry takes notice that Louis didn't brush any other tributes.

"He looks cute in a button up," Gemma admits pouting toward Harry, "too bad he wants to rip our guts out."

The rest of the interviews go fast. The crowd loved Vivian, Willow and Gemma. Now it was his turn. Gemma was finishing up her interview when a voice comes from behind him. "Don't flop," the voice tells him.