.14 ptsd

Louis feels himself slipping back into consciousness, but he feels too weak to move. He can hear his heart rate monitor beeping.

That's always good.

He's resting in the hospital bed, eyes closed for a while, just letting his mind wander.

His mind wanders off to Harry, of course, and the recent events leading up to where he is now. They both had made it out of the arena alive, and Louis is extremely happy about it. He just needs to make sure Harry's okay.

Louis' horrified of the terror he was put through, it's like the worst nightmare he ever had, and he had to relive it with Caeser during their Victory Interview.

The Victory Interview is where the victor (now victors) sit and watch the Hunger Games they won. They don't show the entire game, because that would take a week, literally. They just show the main events, like people being killed, and you have to answer questions along with that.

Nearly being killed three or more times is enough to leave an impact on your life. Louis knows that things can't go back to the way they were before. He isn't the same person. He also knows that he's going to be a little broken now, but that isn't anything Harry couldn't fix.

But what are the two of them? Together? Just friends? Friends that kiss a lot? Louis doesn't know, and frankly doesn't care either.

He knows that Harry is going to be about ten times more broken than him, and the last thing he needs is a relationship to worry about. Louis is still going to be there for Harry, no matter what he's there as.

Plus even if they did want a relationship, Louis doesn't know how their relationship would work. Go slow? Fast? Would there be rules? Would they live together? If so what district? There's so many questions that Louis doesn't want to pile on Harry.

And to top off the stress and pressure that is being put on him and Harry, they have to do a Victory Tour.

A Victory Tour is when the victor would visit all the districts, give a speech about that district's tributes, and then move on. You usually end with your own district and you throw a party, and have a party in the Capital as well.

The tour is over the span of many weeks, and neither Harry nor Louis want to do the task.

Snapping Louis out of his thoughts, he hears people talking around him. Louis can clearly make out multiple voices.

Louis opens his eyes weakly, wanting to see whats going on. He sees many people staring over him, but one face stands out. "Katniss?" Louis asks, slowly sitting up.

"How are you feeling?" Katniss asks, a worried look on her face.

"Okay, why?" Louis asks, suddenly feeling very awake.

"Do you feel good to get up? Harry-"

"Harry? is he okay?" Louis asks jerking forwards, taking the IV with him.

"Harry um ... " Katniss trails off, her eyes batting to the ground.

"What's wrong with Harry?!" Louis asks scrambling to take the IV out.

"He might have something a little wrong with him, we're not sure, come with me" Katniss helps Louis take his own IV out, and leads him across the hospital, Louis still in a hospital robe.

They trudge through the hallways in silence, Louis worrying the whole way to Harry's hospital room.

It doesn't take long to get there, so soon enough, they make it to Harry's room. Louis steps in and sees Harry sleeping, hooked up to different machines, just like Louis was moments ago.