.05 arena

That night Louis lay awake in his bed. He can't sleep, he doubts anyone can, with the games starting tomorrow. He goes though the career pack on his hands. Himself, Ethan, Piper, Victoria, Isaac, Vivian, Clare, and Lewis.

He promised Vivian he would keep her safe, and he would up to a certain point. After a while she won't be useful and the careers would want to kill her. He wouldn't do it himself, he couldn't. One of the others would have to.

He hated that Harry snapped at him too. He was trying to be nice to him. Although he was here against he will, he was hoping that Harry would align with him. Something about Harry was very fascinating, and even though Harry showed no interest in him, Louis still felt like he could trust him.

It's an odd feeling to say the least, and he doesn't want it to go away. That's all he wants to feel. So that night, when Louis is staring at the ceiling in the dead of night, he makes a promise to himself.

That Harry won't die.

------------------------------

"You picked Gemma right?" Harry half says, half asks, standing only feet away from the hovercraft that was about to take him into the arena.

"Harry you know I can't choose," Katniss says patting his cheek.

It was the morning of the games, and in a couple of minutes the gong would go off and Harry's fate would be sealed.

"Well you're going to have to, or both of us will die," Harry says. Truthfully he was ready to die for Gemma, but if she died before him, he knew there was no point in going on.

"Harry that's no way to look at it," Katniss says scowling.

"I won't try if Gemma dies, she's the reason I volunteered," Harry says. He was speaking the truth too.

"Pinky promise me right now," Harry begins holding his pinky up, "that you will choose Gemma over me."

Katniss looks at Harry, "she asked the same thing you know."

"You didn't promise her did you?" Harry asked.

"No."

"Then promise me, she has a better chance, we both know it," Harry says practically pushing his pinky in her face. Katniss smiles weakly before wrapping her pinky around his.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Harry begins to walk away toward the hovercraft that would carry him to his ultimate death. "Wait!" Katniss yells, "don't forget who the real enemy is."

Harry hasn't a clue what she's talking about but he replies, "I won't." He then proceeds to walk onto the hovercraft and takes his seat. He looks up, only twelve of the twenty four are seated around him.

Gemma must have been on the other hovercraft. He gazes at the people on his craft, he immediately notices Louis and Vivian sitting by each other, talking.

There is this lady walking around, putting something in the tributes arms. Harry watches as Vivian winces when the needle's injected into her arm.

"Sorry darling," the lady says, sounding emotionless. Then she goes over to Louis and sticks the needle in his arm, he doesn't make a sound.

"What's this for?" Harry asks the lady as she approaches him.

"It's a tracker. So we don't lose you in the arena." She dings the injector deep into his skin before pulling it out. It stung, but it could have been worse.

The hovercraft takes off once they're all injected and they fly to a building outside of the arena. From there, they are escorted by peacekeepers to separate chambers that will raise them into the arena.